The England Thread

Pilko

You can see from Sterling's reaction that he clearly doesn't think he's done anything wrong. That tackle was absolutely nothing, Valencia's reaction is a disgrace.

It was rash, I'm not saying he deserved a red card, but it's a friendly after all just unnecessary. Valencia's reaction is idiotic, but the thought of a leg-break there probably got the worse of him.

Has he not broken his leg before in a game also

You can see from Sterling's reaction that he clearly doesn't think he's done anything wrong. That tackle was absolutely nothing, Valencia's reaction is a disgrace.

I've only seen it once but it looked a bad challenge to me. I can definitely see why Valencia was angry, a challenge like that two weeks before the world cup

Bit of a weird game for me, only reiterates the gulf when you compare our second string to the likes of Spain/Germany or even France.

Think Oxlade came out the game well, and Jones looks like he has the raw talent but just needs club game time. Other than that the likes of Smalling are at best average at the moment, the hype around Shaw might die down abit now aswell.

Also Rooney and Lampard look like they were out of it today, can't see either doing anything of note this year.

Lessons learned from tonight:

- Never start Milner at RB ever again.

- Barkley should be a starter (always a threat imo).

- Ben Foster is still an overrated goalkeeper.

- Our reserves are very underwhelming (apart from Oxlade-Chamberlain).

Spot on :thup:

Hearing The Ox might have knee ligament damage?

That be a huge blow. Him and Barkley looked good today.

Foster's a good keeper. He's certainly not overrated.

I still can't believe anyone plays him anywhere that isn't through the middle (I mean in the absence of lots of amazing midfield options to choose from).

Notes:

Never a red in my book, not even a particularly dangerous tackle. Incredible reaction from an international captain.

Very impressed by Barkley, in my book he should start.

Smalling makes everything around him turn to nervous shit.

Lampard is truly gassed.

We looked better with Rooney involved in buildup play as little as possible.

:thup:

Foster's a good keeper. He's certainly not overrated.

In all honesty, I've never rated him...

Sickener for the Ox, and then considering Sterling can't play the next friendly now, it looks like it will be one of Milner or Welbeck in a wide position for the first game now. Terrible. Roy should consider putting Barkley out wide.

Red card is irrelevant.

Thought England actually looked good going forward which is the main thing to take away, defence was shite but that was to be expected with the two underperforming Man Utd lads leading the show but hopefully they'll not be seen in the coming months.

Don't really get the Milner at RB experiment, looked like Jonas in '10 playing there, didn't see runs, was easily bypassed by a stepover. All pretty basic stuff. No chance (unless against Costa Rica) he'd be needed to play there anyway. Seems a bit of a waste for me.

Oxlade Chamberlain, if he's alreet, I'd start for England. Can't remember him ever shirking it or turning in a bad performance plus the ability to run at players is something massive these days.

I wouldn't quite go that far, but he's got some future ahead of him. I'd certainly start him against Costa Rica and Uruguay, mind.

maybe some exaggeration with 'own it' but i don't see why he couldn't go and have an amazing tournament if started

think hodgson will be too fearful personally

Guest taps01

I hope Wilshere isn't near the starting eleven. He's good, but nowhere near the hype he's given.

I'd have him over Henderson.

I enjoyed watching an England game for once.

I'd like to think Hodgson will take some of last nights attacking intent into the competition.

I like this England set up. First time in ages I've actually thought that.

Great to see some attacking intent and movement from the younger players last night.