The England Thread

Pilko

Suarez also called it his "retribution" for the treatment he's received over here.

He's a great footballer; but he's an altogether bigger Cnut. As for the Scousers, they'll be cheering on Uruguay all the way now. Suarez is a Scouser after all.

It'd be idiotic as the sooner Uruguay get knocked out, the more of a pre-season Suarez will have.

Is there anything stopping us from switching the National Anthem to Breathe by Prodigy, or similar?

I don't know why but the parts where that goes "EXHALE .. EXHALE" send me into fits of laughter. :lol:

O, and don't take it personally...but is there any chance that the England national anthem could be changed in the near future ???

God save a rich, well-previliged, have it all old lady....and not the poor people under the poverty line ?! I actually think one of the reasons England never look like a team in international tournaments, with passion (Compare it to Italy, or South Americans who sing their heart out at the anthem), is some players actually rightly hate the anthem. Anthem of over 80 million people revolving around an singular old lady. Leaves a sour taste.

The problem with the national team is the Premier League. The FA have created a monster that makes plenty money, but to the detriment of the national team and grassroots football. English football has been destroyed by its own greed and I for one am pissing myself laughing! This day was always going to come and will things get any better? Will they bollocks. National team will slide down the rankings as Scotland and Wales have done. Fuck the FA the sack of greedy cunts!

a few interesting facts do sober us up and realise for the good of the english and british game we must act now but money rules sadly so we are fucked

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/tim.hearn/161091/which-european-league-has-the-most-homegrown-players/english-premier-league-36-5

Premier League being the problem doesn't explain us being shite throughout the 70s, 80s and 90s

I'm too young to remember the 70's properly, but they exited 82 unbeaten and Marradonna cheated in 86. Never before has there been such a dearth of talent in England. The PL is out of control but the FA don't care because of the money it makes them, the clubs and the tv companies. That's all that matters to them now.

O, and don't take it personally...but is there any chance that the England national anthem could be changed in the near future ???

God save a rich, well-previliged, have it all old lady....and not the poor people under the poverty line ?! I actually think one of the reasons England never look like a team in international tournaments, with passion (Compare it to Italy, or South Americans who sing their heart out at the anthem), is some players actually rightly hate the anthem. Anthem of over 80 million people revolving around an singular old lady. Leaves a sour taste.

Closer to 55 million (England alone).  Unless you're on about the Commonwealth or whatever.

The National Anthem is shit and I can't stand the monarchy either but it has zero to do with our failure as an international football team like. :lol:

The lyrics should be changed to "God save our gracious Dean, God save our noble Dean, God save Mike Dean."

I'm sure there was a study done about England's progress at international tournaments and, given various factors including wealth and population size etc, we tend to achieve what we should do. I will have to see if I can find it as obviously one could look at holland and Spain as achieving more.

Think Hodgson is still the best candidate as apparently he's doing a lot of work behind the scenes from all levels up. Something which I doubt Redknapp would have taken an interest in.

I wouldn't go massively wacky tbh

Forster

Johnson Cahill Jones Baines

Gerrard Wilshere

Sterling Barkley Rooney

Sturridge

That'd do it for me.

I think Baines deserves time starting for England at lb, given his many years behind Cole. Once again, imo the most important change we need is a mental one, than a personnel change.

are you on drugs Gerrard ffs  :frantic: he contributed as much to our defeats as our woeful defence imho  :blackeye:

Don't particularly agree, but either way, I couldn't care less. It's a pointless game. I'm playing players who I'd play in the future + Gerrard swansong.

Think Hodgson is still the best candidate as apparently he's doing a lot of work behind the scenes from all levels up. Something which I doubt Redknapp would have taken an interest in.

Could he not do all of that shit whilst letting someone else manage the side? :lol:

Premier League being the problem doesn't explain us being shite throughout the 70s, 80s and 90s

The people at the top of the FA have a lot to answer for. For years it's been an old boys club. Look at Brooking for example. How he is still in a job I do not know.

Lallana will be 30 the next WC like, hardly the spring chicken he's often painted as.

Barkley, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain are the future.

So the more experience for Lallana now the better. He'll likely have a Euros under his belt by that time too.

Personally I think we should go with this team for the game against Costa Rica.

Hart

Johnson Cahill Jones Baines

Barkley Wilshere

Sterling Rooney Ox (still injured?)

Sturridge

Need to start early, get some of the young players blooded and some competitive international football under them and use this World Cup as an experience and a lesson. Gerrard is going to be 35 by the time the Euro's come by so he needs to be gone as soon as possible and the longer he stays around the worse it will be for the National team imo. 

Lallana will be 30 the next WC like, hardly the spring chicken he's often painted as.

Barkley, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain are the future.

So the more experience for Lallana now the better. He'll likely have a Euros under his belt by that time too.

Those 3 + him would do me fine with 2 out of 3 from Sterling/Sturridge/Rooney. Fuck a DM or a runner - keeping the ball > running around