The England Thread

Pilko

Can you expand on your understanding of the philosophies of the Costa Rican side ingrained over a number of years, then explain how you have time in your life to devote your attention to the point of apparent expertise about every single situation that relates to football as a sport?  Would be helpful, cheers.  Always learning.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

This is bollocks about being caught for being too attacking.  It was from a kick forward from the Goalkeeper ffs, not a counter attack.

This is bollocks about being caught for being too attacking.  It was from a kick forward from the Goalkeeper ffs, not a counter attack.

It was a piece of magic from Suarez according to Andros.

Guest neesy111

It was a piece of magic from Suarez according to Andros.

Yeap. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Reckon there's a good chance Rooney would have missed both of the chances Suarez scored, and that's ignoring whether he could have got into the positions in the first place.

Tend to agree, he has never been clinical in his career for me.

Guest neesy111

Does Gary Neville actually do anything with our defence btw?  Looks to me he's just there for a link between Roy and his men with the players.

Someone on my Facebook:

http://imageshack.com/a/img856/7647/e0xo.jpg

Got to love the amount of English people who base their opinions about elite sport on a pre-match sing-along.

Can you expand on your understanding of the philosophies of the Costa Rican side ingrained over a number of years, then explain how you have time in your life to devote your attention to the point of apparent expertise about every single situation that relates to football as a sport?  Would be helpful, cheers.  Always learning.

:laugh:

They've had the same coach since 2011 and he's largely stuck with the same team, as evidenced by the majority of the team having a good number of caps and being fairly mature in age. When Bryan Oviedo played really well for Everton it was said he played as a wingback in a back 5 for Costa Rica. It was given as a reason why he looked so dangerous going forward as that's important for a wingback.

Same applies with Chile. They've had Bieslian style tactics since 2007 give or take a year or two with another style of management.

So unlike England - Costa Rica have had the same team, play in the same shape for at least the last 4 years more or less. Even with players dropping out - they've kept the same system (in formation at least). England switched formations fairly recently, changed the LB, midfield duo, attacking partnerships and the widemen constantly over the last 36 months. Only a handful of the starters and players coming off the bench have more than 30 caps. Considerably less as starters.

I'm sorry for having more footballing knowledge & common sense than yourself.

Like I said, there's not many teams coming to the WC with such little experience or talent and have come to play attacking football. This is a pretty different team from the one that qualified for the tournament even.