The England Thread

Pilko

Even aside from not producing footballers, they're not making up that gap with athletes. Scotland has far, far too many one paced players.

Then I'd simply rephrase what I said to, awful grassroots set up in all sports.  Commonwealth Games is supposed to have created and left a legacy, all it's done is leave expensive leisure centres that will become hideously underused as people get poorer and poorer.

We were awful last night! Everything about it was terrible, looked like the players couldn't be arsed which is poor and Strachan should have put a rocket up them. England fans were much better than us too. Glad we did that in a friendly though, it's a wake up call after excellent progress under Strachan. Believe it or not we have tried to improve the grass roots element to our game recently. If it has improved we won't see the results for a while but there are signs it is getting better.

It's better than it was but it's still gone about in the wrong way.  It's still triers and grafters that get pushed up.    Basically France and Germany have shown us how it's done.  Must copy it, even in England. 

Have to say though, top marks to the fans.  Not a drop of trouble last night, bar a few sirens here and there.  Progress is good. 

We were awful last night! Everything about it was terrible, looked like the players couldn't be arsed which is poor and Strachan should have put a rocket up them. England fans were much better than us too. Glad we did that in a friendly though, it's a wake up call after excellent progress under Strachan. Believe it or not we have tried to improve the grass roots element to our game recently. If it has improved we won't see the results for a while but there are signs it is getting better.

Tbf, that's the best we've played in a long time. Actually seemed up for it and played similar to PL intensity. Was a good game to watch.

England friendlies v France Nov 17 2015 at Wembley & Germany away March 2016. FA talking to Holland & Spain about friendlies pre-Euro 2016

The 4 best teams :lol: Atleast they are taking it seriously this time, and were actually playing teams that are going to be competitive.

Tbf, that's the best we've played in a long time. Actually seemed up for it and played similar to PL intensity. Was a good game to watch.

Agreed yous were brill, worst we've played under Strachan though too.

England friendlies v France Nov 17 2015 at Wembley & Germany away March 2016. FA talking to Holland & Spain about friendlies pre-Euro 2016

The 4 best teams :lol: Atleast they are taking it seriously this time, and were actually playing teams that are going to be competitive.

That's more like it. As it is, England are pretty much qualified already, and will continue to play shite teams for the next year, so might as well get practising against some decent teams.

In sporting terms, the sons and grandsons of Commonwealth immigrants have boosted England, but not Scotland.

I'm not saying that's the only reason that the gulf between the two sides has grown over the years, but it is a factor.

Wuuup. Here we go.

Kinnel, missed this !!!

What an absolute load of shit.

There's something seriously wrong with Scotland mind. They used to produce good players historically; last twenty years you'd struggle to name one even approaching top class.

20 years??? That's a sweeping statement mind. Gary McAllister, Darren Fletcher, Duncan Ferguson, Paul Lambert, John Collins all played in the last 20 years like.

Guest palnese

Which of those - except McAllister at a big push - could be considered top class? The answer is none.

Lambert won the Champions League with Dortmund and I'd say Ferguson was top class as well, just injured a lot.

Djimi Traore won it with Liverpool.

Which of those - except McAllister at a big push - could be considered top class? The answer is none.

Lambert won the Champions League with Dortmund and I'd say Ferguson was top class as well, just injured a lot.

Did he mark Zidane out of the final?

Guest palnese

I doubt it.

I doubt it.

:lol: tickled me for some reason.

Ferguson was so top class he never scored for Scotland and spent his PL career in the bottom half of the table. Sorry, but there's no way Duncan Ferguson can be considered top class.