Obafemi Martins joins Wolfsburg for £9m

Guest Geordiesned

Guest firetotheworks

Why aren't people acknowleging the injury as a legitemate reason why his performances were poor in the last 10 games?

You could say the same about you and Owen tbf. FWIW I discount the injuries in both cases. Injuries only excuse you so far, and they definitely don't stretch to missing a couple of open goals and a handful of one on ones.

Why aren't people acknowleging the injury as a legitemate reason why his performances were poor in the last 10 games?

Because he didn't suddenly become hit and miss in those last 10 games. He only showed up when he felt like it for many games before that and this season.

Aye Owen gone and out Viduka that can pay for Oba right there and he did do the work of both of them anyway.

That doesn't cover 1/5 of the losses we will have from loss of tv money alone, and they've got loyalty bonuses aswell which need paying.

75k a week = Next seasons TV money gone already.

If anyone thinks we're going to keep paying Champions League wages in the Championship they're kidding themselves tbh.

You could say the same about you and Owen tbf. FWIW I discount the injuries in both cases. Injuries only excuse you so far, and they definitely don't stretch to missing a couple of open goals and a handful of one on ones.

Owen wasn't playing with an injury from March onwards though. And Oba unlike Owen was at least having an impact on the games

Because he didn't suddenly become hit and miss in those last 10 games. He only showed up when he felt like it for many games before that and this season.

based on what?

based on what?

Based on many shit performances when you could be forgiven for thinking he wasn't even on the pitch, countless missed chances which a more accomplished striker would easily have buried/or at least tested the goalkeeper, his strops and disrespect of managers and coaches - and that's only this season.

based on what?

Based on many s*** performances when you could be forgiven for thinking he wasn't even on the pitch, countless missed chances which a more accomplished striker would easily have buried/or at least tested the goalkeeper, his strops and disrespect of managers and coaches - and that's only this season.

disrespect of managers and coaches?  :lol:

based on what?

Based on many s*** performances when you could be forgiven for thinking he wasn't even on the pitch, countless missed chances which a more accomplished striker would easily have buried/or at least tested the goalkeeper, his strops and disrespect of managers and coaches - and that's only this season.

His antics prior to Stoke away were a fucking disgrace. If thats not showing direspect then what is?

Aye Owen gone and out Viduka that can pay for Oba right there and he did do the work of both of them anyway.

Or alternatively buy a striker for cheaper on lower wages who would score more.

Nah, we should just keep Martins because he loves the money...sorry...club.

based on what?

His antics prior to Stoke away were a f***ing disgrace. If thats not showing direspect then what is?

One incident where he acted unprofessionally and gave Shearer late notice

Great plan... who to buy though ?

Regardless of his footballing strengths and weaknesses he has always maintained that he loves the fans, city, club etc. He is just saying that he still does despite relegation.  I believe him for what it is worth and also think he'd be lethal in the fizzy pop.  With any luck our new owners will have the cash to pay his wages for a season.  Bingo!

based on what?

His antics prior to Stoke away were a f***ing disgrace. If thats not showing direspect then what is?

One incident where he acted unprofessionally and gave Shearer late notice

Then there's the Watford incident with Pearson, not to mention whenever he's been taken off too early, stropped, and went straight off down the tunnel without even shaking the manager's hand.

Just out of interest, when discussing how many goals Oba would get in the CCC, how do people rate him compared to

Ebanks-Blake 25 goals

McCormack 21 goals

Scotland 21 goals

Doyle 18 goals

Smith 17 goals

Hulse 15 goals

These are the players that scored 15 or more in the Championship, obviously at this point we have no idea who will be left to play the ball to Oba, but how do feel he compares.

Beckford, Cox?

I agree though, its going to be hard to find a striker to play in the Championship for less than 70k a week.

The Watford incident was over 2 years ago and never substanciated

And going straight down the tunnel at Boro? Who cares, who really gives a fuck if he didn't shake Joe fkin Kinnear's hand or not?

Beckford, Cox?

I agree though, its going to be hard to find a striker to play in the Championship for less than 70k a week.

Ah right so you think we can get them to come? I doubt it very much, but even if we got Beckford who you playing him along side? Carroll or Shola ?

The Watford incident was over 2 years ago and never substanciated

And going straight down the tunnel at Boro? Who cares, who really gives a f*** if he didn't shake Joe fkin Kinnear's hand or not?

Was said afterwards they do this to get straight in the ice bath instead of going and sitting on the bench.

Beckford, Cox?

Ah right so you think we can get them to come? I doubt it very much, but even if we got Beckford who you playing him along side? Carroll or Shola ?

As I said, Cox then.

Who to play him alongide?  Another striker willing to play for less than 70k a week.

**** me.

Where is all those sudden Oba love coming from?  He was part of our relegation as everyone else was and we haven't finished higher than 12th(?) with him in the squad.

Beckford, Cox?

We couldn't get them to come?

Just offer Beckford 50k a week and we'd still be saving money.

;D

Players want to stay and fans are moaning.

We'll see how loyal they are when we try to shift them and they ask us to cover their wages.

Jesus wept. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :D

I know, it's crazy!

Would you people rather he came out and said 'fuck newcastle I'm glad I sucked it dry for the last few years, bunch of cunts'. Get a grip.