Obafemi Martins joins Wolfsburg for £9m

Guest Geordiesned

Jesus wept. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :D

I know, it's crazy!

Would you people rather he came out and said 'f*** newcastle I'm glad I sucked it dry for the last few years, bunch of c***s'. Get a grip.

If he has fell in love with the club he's got a funny way of showing it.

I know, it's crazy!

Would you people rather he came out and said 'f*** newcastle I'm glad I sucked it dry for the last few years, bunch of c***s'. Get a grip.

He's staying for the money but so what? Is he one of our better or worse players? As far as I'm concerned we've got a better chance of coming back up next season if he's here. There is plenty of other dross we can get shot of first.

What better way to learn how to be a great finisher that to work with the greatest finisher the Premiership has ever had

Genuine question, and one I've made a few times, but what could Shearer teach him that the likes of playing under and alongside top strikers like Mancini, Crespo, Vieri couldn't?

I know, it's crazy!

He's staying for the money but so what? Is he one of our better or worse players? As far as I'm concerned we've got a better chance of coming back up next season if he's here. There is plenty of other dross we can get shot of first.

We could have another striker for less than a third of his wages who would score just as many probably even more.

That's the problem.

As for the other dross, yeah I want rid of them as well.

What better way to learn how to be a great finisher that to work with the greatest finisher the Premiership has ever had

Genuine question, and one I've made a few times, but what could Shearer teach him that the likes of playing under and alongside top strikers like Mancini, Crespo, Vieri couldn't?

It wasn't Crespo or Vieri's job to teach him. Plus neither of them played the game as intelligently as Shearer

:lol: Makes me laugh, its football there are no guarantees, yes we could sell him and get Beckford but who says he is going to score loads of goals? We need to keep one of our top strikers, well thats if we plan on trying to come straight back up. Owen,Viduka and Shola can go, Keep Oba, Carroll, Ranger and buy Beckford. Or would people rahter we offered Owen a new deal and hope he takes it ? not many would want thtat I bet and the same with Viduka, does anyone want us to put our faith in Shola? no not many again eh?

Yes Oba will be on big wages no one knows how much but I bet its less than what Owen was on and I bet its less than Viduka's wage, more than Shola, more than likeky but there's a good reason for that. I agree paying a striker a massiave wage in a lower league is mental but if he wants to stay then the club should try to come to some agreement, not just with Oba but with Beye and Enrique too.

Like you take a 50% wage cutt but if we go straight back up you will get the difference back + a bonus.

:lol: Makes me laugh, its football there are no guarantees, yes we could sell him and get Beckford but who says he is going to score loads of goals? We need to keep one of our top strikers, well thats if we plan on trying to come straight back up. Owen,Viduka and Shola can go, Keep Oba, Carroll, Ranger and buy Beckford. Or would people rahter we offered Owen a new deal and hope he takes it ? not many would want thtat I bet and the same with Viduka, does anyone want us to put our faith in Shola? no not many again eh?

Yes Oba will be on big wages no one knows how much but I bet its less than what Owen was on and I bet its less than Viduka's wage, more than Shola, more than likeky but there's a good reason for that. I agree paying a striker a massiave wage in a lower league is mental but if he wants to stay then the club should try to come to some agreement, not just with Oba but with Beye and Enrique too.

Like you take a 50% wage cutt but if we go straight back up you will get the difference back + a bonus.

:thup:

Guest BooBoo

I remain unconvinced that someone like Oba, who has the heart the size of a pea, would really relish being kicked all over the pitch at somewhere like Peterborough.

Where's the guarantee Martins will score goals?  So there's no guarantee either Martins or Beckford will score goals, so we would keep the one on 70k a week?

:facepalm:

Less than Owen? Brilliant.  Less than Viduka?  Not from what I've heard but even if it is, brilliant. He's on less than Drogba as welll!!!!

What's the point in having complex agreements involving pay cuts (which he wouldn't take in a million years), why not just start afresh with a different striker, one that won't be on silly wages and if we do get back into the PL then stay fit and score some goals.

Funny how none of his managers have never accused him of a lack of effort

No managers accused Nolan of lack of effort or Owen or Viduka....

Because Owen is Owen, managers see him as untouchable. Capello has alluded to it though

Viduka?  :lol: O'Leary had a go at him for it several times, Mclaren also did iirc.

As for Nolan? He's just a terrible footballer who Megson got rid of for £4m

Where's the guarantee Martins will score goals?  So there's no guarantee either Martins or Beckford will score goals, so we would keep the one on 70k a week?

Less than Owen? Brilliant.  Less than Viduka?  Not from what I've heard but even if it is, brilliant. He's on less than Drogba as welll!!!!

What's the point in having complex agreements involving pay cuts (which he wouldn't take in a million years), why not just start afresh with a different striker, one that won't be on silly wages and if we do get back into the PL then stay fit and score some goals.

Did you even read the other bit? I said if they do keep him then they must come to some sort of agreement with him and the others over wages.

I agree 100% we cannot keep him and pay him a massive wage and if he does really want to stay then he will be willing to talk terms.

Funny how none of his managers have never accused him of a lack of effort

No managers accused Nolan of lack of effort or Owen or Viduka....

Because Owen is Owen, managers see him as untouchable. Capello has alluded to it though

Viduka?  :lol: O'Leary had a go at him for it several times, Mclaren also did iirc.

As for Nolan? He's just a terrible footballer who Megson got rid of for £4m

The whole '....' was inferring most of our squad could be considered lazy, yet none of our managers have said anything.

On top of this, who gives a **** what any managers have said?  I've seen with my own eyes Martins being lazy on countless occasions.

Did you even read the other bit? I said if they do keep him then they must come to some sort of agreement with him and the others over wages.

I agree 100% we cannot keep him and pay him a massive wage and if he does really want to stay then he will be willing to talk terms.

Yes, I addressed it further down in my post.

All persons with wages over £40k a week can fuck off. I'd be very happy to see Martins bugger off as well as Owen and Viduka, so we can re-build our strikeforce without overpaid flaccid cocks.

All persons with wages over £40k a week can fuck off. I'd be very happy to see Martins bugger off as well as Owen and Viduka, so we can re-build our strikeforce without overpaid flaccid cocks.

Kaiz talking about men's cocks instead of posting pics of them..

Kaiz talking about men's cocks instead of posting pics of them..

Couldn't say cunts as they're not flaccid.

spot on, Skirge..

Aside from that, anybody who has seen Oba at Inter knows that he has actually improved a lot in his time here. On purely the technical/physical side, few forwards can match his qualities - terrific shot, quick, strong, decent in the air, decent technical ability, plays with both feet..

I don't care if he has a poor footballing brain, or if he's an OG or whatever.. he's still young and people change you know, some even mature.. I remember Berbatov before Leverkusen, Eto'o in Majorca and Henry in Juve..

Yes, I addressed it further down in my post.

My bad.. but would you be okay wuth the club agreeing a complex deal with Beye to stay?

Premierhsip striker in the Championship is better than a Champioship striker, Oba did not have a good season no but non of them did, he has injurys to deal with too, I would rahter keep him than lose him. He stays fit he scores goal he gets confident he scores more goals.

spot on, Skirge..

Aside from that, anybody who has seen Oba at Inter knows that he has actually improved a lot in his time here. On purely the technical/physical side, few forwards can match his qualities - terrific shot, quick, strong, decent in the air, decent technical ability, plays with both feet..

I don't care if he has a poor footballing brain, or if he's an OG or whatever.. he's still young and people change you know, some even mature.. I remember Berbatov before Leverkusen, Eto'o in Majorca and Henry in Juve..

What do you think he's improved on since he's been here?

Was it Keegan that told Oba to stop dropping deep and to be more selfish? good idea if there had been service for him when he stayed up top. I know its not much of an excuse but the entire squad had to suffer the KK going sage and then the clueless Hughton time and it got topped off with the JK effect. All that has to make it hard for any player to settle and find form. Everyone loved Oba he was exciting with power and pace a direct player who played with passion, by the time Al came in his confidence was gone and he missed chances.  He had a rough season and some seem to be blaming him for the entire relegation plight. Its not his fault that his contract does not have a relegation clause in it, if it did and he was saying he wanted to stay would he still be getting the shit?

The way things are we cannot afford to buy 3 or 4 new strikers, as much as we cannot afford to keep our big wage strikers but there has to be a balance, Owen is gone we need to replace him say with Beckford, its in the clubs interest to out Viduka who could be replaced by Carroll, Shola can go and well Nile can replace him.

Martins

Beckford

Carroll

Ranger

You take Oba out of that list and we are not going to replace him with a good enough player, not one thats going to see us coming back up. We would end up with a Kanu type past it player who is still going to want a biggish wage.