Obafemi Martins joins Wolfsburg for £9m

Guest Geordiesned

"I am hoping this transfer is going to be pushed through real soon."

Just doesn't sound like an Oba thing to say :lol: made up quotes maybe, but he will be going like thats IF we are sold in time mind.

Guest neesy111

good, one of the most overated striker's in this club's history

hasn't got a brain, doesn't think and misses very easy chances

no where near worth 10 million, and if he was as good as some ppl think where are the queue of club's wanting him

Hope he packs those boots that allow him to score a screamer once every ten games but fail to put away piss easy chances week in, week out.

Cliche ridden.

Maybe, but the only bit of that that's not true is that he doesn't score a screamer once in every 10 games... it's much rarer than that.

What do you disagree with?

Has to be said that Shearer and Ferdinand showed more speed in last night game than Oba Martins showed in his whole career.

Not in the speed element but even some of the runs Shearer was making or trying to make are something Martins will never be able to do.

Hope he packs those boots that allow him to score a screamer once every ten games but fail to put away piss easy chances week in, week out.

Cliche ridden.

And where exactly did that cliche come from?  Because as was pointed out even by managers who played him, he was a scorer of great goals and not a great goal scorer.  He has a brilliant highlight reel but regularly failed to slot away the bread and butter chances that a striker needs to.

Cliche ridden.

And where exactly did that cliche come from?  Because as was pointed out even by managers who played him, he was a scorer of great goals and not a great goal scorer.  He has a brilliant highlight reel but regularly failed to slot away the bread and butter chances that a striker needs to.

Not that we as a team created many chances for him or owen.

Did people seriously think he was going to stay? None of these players is turning down the Champions League to stay with us. Frankly players like Oba and Jonas will feel that they have no business here next season, and it does not make any sense to keep them. The "I'd love to stay" is just covering one's arse incase no one makes a serious offer.

Did people seriously think he was going to stay? None of these players is turning down the Champions League to stay with us. Frankly players like Oba and Jonas will feel that they have no business here next season, and it does not make any sense to keep them. The "I'd love to stay" is just covering one's arse incase no one makes a serious offer.

Either that or not having to forgo a bonus because you don't request to move?

Guest Phil K

Will he be on the same bloated wage packet in the Wolfie's lair ?

Like hell he will

no where near worth 10 million, and if he was as good as some ppl think where are the queue of club's wanting him

It's effing laughable the way these failures like Oba and Bassong think that say, Arsenal, will want them.

Oba's request last year - dropping hints with no interest from Wenger, and then Bassong doing the same - again with no interest.

The ego's of failed Newcastle players never ceases to amaze.

They do f**k all for us, then expect top clubs to be after them.

Its what you get when you mollycoddle players.

We are in total agreement -  would be best departure from club since Shepherd & Co went....

It's somewhat amusing how his reputation's changed on here :lol:

I guess you can't really have a soft spot for entertaining cult heros when you need someone putting a shift in on the pitch. At least he's given me a few decent memories and made me enjoy football occasionally over the last few years, there aren't too many of our players who've done that.

He was only good in his first season here, really let us down this season and looked completely disinterested agains Orient. How much do you reckon we'll get for him?

It's a weird one that, because his best football by far came in what should have been his toughest season - his first year in England, most games up front on his own - exactly the sort of circumstances you wouldn't expect him to thrive in. But he's regressed noticably year on year since then. Decent reputation mind, abotu £7m would be my guess.