David Edgar joins Burnley

James

• 8 months later...
Guest Alan_Shearer

Felt the need to bump this...

LOOK AT YOU NOW BOY, SWANSEA ON LOAN FROM BURNLEY...idiot.......

I remember people on here rating this guy and was sad to see him leave...

Guest firetotheworks

Unnecessary.

He made a brave decision, that didn't work out for him. Nothing more, nothing less.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Unnecessary.

He made a brave decision, that didn't work out for him. Nothing more, nothing less.

:thup:

It's a pity though. There was finally space in the squad to accommodate him (solely based on numbers) in the Championship and he wasn't there to fill that void.

In comes Khiz & Williamson.  :undecided:

I'd have Williamson over Edgar every day.

Still, I've always rated Edgar since "that" goal against ManU. He probably would have improved under the great Hugh.

Guest Heneage

He was always going to be viewed as the rat that jumped ship purely because we were relegated. I think he was naive to join Burnley as there was going to be very little stability there, and I always had a feeling after a year we'd be higher than them. He could have had a season here building his career and establishing himself in the first team, but he didn't want to, possibly thinking longer term.

Good luck to the lad, hope he's happy and can finally break into the Canadian senior side.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's a pity though. There was finally space in the squad to accommodate him (solely based on numbers) in the Championship and he wasn't there to fill that void.

In comes Khiz & Williamson.  :undecided:

I'd have Williamson over Edgar every day.

Still, I've always rated Edgar since "that" goal against ManU. He probably would have improved under the great Hugh.

A lot of us rated him after the Man Utd game. Didn't last long, mind.

But of course, Williamson is a much better player than Edgar

I don't get the hatred towards players who leave this club, especially when it becomes obvious for one reason or another the club doesn't really want them here. Edgar barely got any first team football and the only reason we offered him a deal was so that he couldn't leave for nothing. Good luck to the lad.