David Edgar joins Burnley

James

How is he supposed to have peak fitness though? His last game before the Villa game was away at Stoke, wasn't it?

Because hes a professional footballer who trains every day and picks up (circa) £5K a week. Should always be at peak fitness, just like Nolan  is :doh:

How is he supposed to have peak fitness though? His last game before the Villa game was away at Stoke, wasn't it?

Because hes a professional footballer who trains every day and picks up (circa) £5K a week. Should always be at peak fitness, just like Nolan  is :doh:

I understand that he should be keeping himself "match fit" but there's a difference between training and playing in the reserves (he didn't even play for the reserves that much) and first team football. Weekly first team football is what keeps a player able to do 90 minutes. I'm not surprised if he looked knacked after 70 minutes tbh.

I understand that he should be keeping himself "match fit" but there's a difference between training and playing in the reserves (he didn't even play for the reserves that much) and first team football. Weekly first team football is what keeps a player able to do 90 minutes. I'm not surprised if he looked knacked after 70 minutes tbh.

He looked shagged after 30 if I remember correctly, was a wam day though, I remember getting sunburned. Still, I don't think he will be a great lose, no pace, power and a lot of other things.

At least we will get a fee.

Guest optimistic nit

Edgar & Caldwell as a potential centre-back partnership.

If that survives in the Premiership I will buy everyone on this forum a pint.

Read: O'Brien, Andrew & Bramble, Titus.

Both Caldwell and Edgar are good enough at defending, if they get a good enough manager working with them it'll be no problems whatsoever IMO.

The players O'Brien & Bramble had around them were a million years ahead of anything Burnley will have.

and both titus and obrien are light years ahead of edgar anyway (dont know anything about Calderwell since leaving us but when he was here he was a edgar/ramage. can see he'd be decent now after 10 years of footie but he's never going to be a great).

from what i've seen of edgar he's a good league 1/ average championship player at the moment.

Skirge man, how many times.

We're not selling him. He's out of contract.

I think the poor guy is going a bit doolally, he just wants some news on the takeover, bless him. :lol:

AARGGGHHHHHH man you know what I mean, its just a case of I bet he would be willing to stay and a deal was offered but that fat c*** is not going to do anything. And I'd rather see Edgar stay that some c*** like Colo or Cacapa

AARGGGHHHHHH man you know what I mean, its just a case of I bet he would be willing to stay and a deal was offered but that fat c*** is not going to do anything. And I'd rather see Edgar stay that some c*** like Colo or Cacapa

Shane Ferguson just got a new contract.

Very true and Nile signed a new deal but these are young lads with no 1st games, Egar is higher up the ladder than those two and would be worth keeping.

Very true and Nile signed a new deal but these are young lads with no 1st games, Egar is higher up the ladder than those two and would be worth keeping.

Shane signed it during the takeover shit we're in. Just pointing it out since you said the fat cunt isn't doing anything, which he's probably not. But I see it as a sign that all the talk about "the club doing nothing" and "nothing happening at St. James'" is clearly rubbish. Which is a good thing.

Not to mention, I think Edgar would have left anyways. First team football to prove yourself in the Prem, or sit on the bench in the Championship?

I think he was offered a new contract but the terms were poor.

I would have thought given a regular run in the team in his correct position that he might do OK in the Championship but he does need to be playing every week at his age and has suffered from never having been sent out on loan.

the club hasn't exactly done a lot to help him develop.

By signing players who are better than him?

THere have been suggestions that his lifestyle is what is holding him back.

no by not giving him even a small run in the first team or even worse, not sending him out on loan.

Due to the ineptitude of our transfer purchases and amount of injuries, there was never the option of loaning him out. he simply wasnt good enough or confident enough to hold down a starting spot, not forgetting geremi actually looked genuinly pacey in comparison.

Guest toonlass

the club hasn't exactly done a lot to help him develop.

By signing players who are better than him?

THere have been suggestions that his lifestyle is what is holding him back.

no by not giving him even a small run in the first team or even worse, not sending him out on loan.

We should have had some of the young uns out on loan, not just last season, but the season before too, for season long spells so that they got proper experience under their belts.