The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Guest BooBoo

There's no way I would have backed Swindon given the mauling they got at the weekend.

Anyway, Lampard and Malouda 2+ v Bolton.

Guest BooBoo

Was discussing potential Golden Boot winners today and basically if anyone has a good group stage then they have half a chance. Who was the Russian striker in USA 94 who won the boot after scoring 4 or 5 in one game? As such, given Englands relatively easy group and his good record in internationals I might have few quid on Crouch who is a massive 80/1. I think he'll be involved in most of Englands games and would definitely be worth a small bet to compliment more sensible choices like Villa.

Was discussing potential Golden Boot winners today and basically if anyone has a good group stage then they have half a chance. Who was the Russian striker in USA 94 who won the boot after scoring 4 or 5 in one game? As such, given Englands relatively easy group and his good record in internationals I might have few quid on Crouch who is a massive 80/1. I think he'll be involved in most of Englands games and would definitely be worth a small bet to compliment more sensible choices like Villa.

Oleg Salenko - scored 5 against Cameroon.  Rangers signed him shortly after this and was rubbish.

Oleg Salenko - scored 5 against Cameroon.  Rangers signed him shortly after this and was rubbish.

Salenko! Such memories... Actually I think he signed for Valencia after the WC, and then he went to Rangers after a poor season there. He had been great for Logroñés before that.

Chelski, Notts County, Norwich, Huddersfield and Luton, £9.50 4 fold returns £33. Studied form for a change too and all of these should be ok. Slighty worried about Norwich, but i think Swindon not winning will give them a boost.

There's no real point backing Chelsea unless your putting huge money on them tonight.

it was just to get another team in the bet. Im a little pussy and i really dont want to lose. And i need bankers tonight to get my stack back up. But yeah, your right though, little point really.

Guest BooBoo

Even the Chelsea handicaps are pretty poor. The only decent shout IMO would be draw half time, Chelsea full time. I think that's about 4/1 or summat.

Accumulator (8)

13 Apr 2010 - Leyton Orient v Norwich - 90 Minutes

Norwich @ 4/5

13 Apr 2010 - Rochdale v Darlington - 90 Minutes

Rochdale @ 2/7

13 Apr 2010 - Notts County v Lincoln - 90 Minutes

Notts County @ 2/7

13 Apr 2010 - Bournemouth v Hereford - 90 Minutes

Bournemouth @ 8/15

13 Apr 2010 - Grimsby v Chesterfield - 90 Minutes

Chesterfield @ 17/10

13 Apr 2010 - Shrewsbury v Cheltenham - 90 Minutes

Shrewsbury @ 11/10

13 Apr 2010 - Aldershot v Torquay - 90 Minutes

Aldershot @ 10/11

13 Apr 2010 - Bury v Crewe - 90 Minutes

Bury @ 4/5

Stake : £5.00

Estimated Returns : £444.48

:facepalm: Sure why not :lol:

Chelski, Notts County, Norwich, Huddersfield and Luton, £9.50 4 fold returns £33. Studied form for a change too and all of these should be ok. Slighty worried about Norwich, but i think Swindon not winning will give them a boost.

I was gonna do Norwich, but found out that Grant Holt is suspended, so haven't bothered.

If anyone's got a Betfair account, they do a regular promotion where you put a five fold on and refund you half of your stake if one team lets you down.  Min £10 bet.  You can find this under the Promotions tab.

I was gonna do Norwich, but found out that Grant Holt is suspended, so haven't bothered.

If anyone's got a Betfair account, they do a regular promotion where you put a five fold on and refund you half of your stake if one team lets you down.  Min £10 bet.  You can find this under the Promotions tab.

aye, bit worried about them like. No idea why i said swindon losing would give them a boost. Thought they were closer than they actually are.

I've got a couple of sensible ones on for tonight, but I don't wish to bore so here are my crazy ones!

Dag & Red

Accrington Stanley

Bournemouth

Rochdale

Notts County

Shrewsbury

Millwall

Blyth Spartans

Oxford Utd

50p pays £78.09

Chelsea

Newcastle

Southampton

Leeds

Charlton

Huddersfield

Milton Keynes Dons

Gillingham

50p pays £86.62

50p on Carroll to score first and Newcastle 1-0  @ 30/1

50p on Shane Long to score first and Draw 2-2  @ 65/1

:pow:

Away team special tonight

£1 on

Brage

Chaves

RKC Waalwijk

Lens

Barrow

Grays

Colchester

Stockport

Wycombe

Hereford

Lincoln

Histon

Would return just shy of 2.8 billion pounds.

Fingers crossed.

Away team special tonight

£1 on

Brage

Chaves

RKC Waalwijk

Lens

Barrow

Grays

Colchester

Stockport

Wycombe

Hereford

Lincoln

Histon

Would return just shy of 2.8 billion pounds.

Fingers crossed.

:lol:

You can double your money with Monaco tonight. There recent home form seems pretty good in contrast to Lens away form.

Worth £10 of my money i think.

edit: just checked Lens away form properly, they havent won in the league since November.