The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Brave man betting on Atletico away to Porto, they haven't won in their last six games.

£40 on Man U, Bordeux and Real Madrid

£10 on Porto, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and CSKA Moscow (I don't really believe in that one, mind).

£12 on Real Madrid -1.5, Milan -1, Man U -1

Champions League Matches Bordeaux v Maccabi Haifa

Bordeaux @ 1.28

Champions League Matches CSKA Moscow v Besiktas

CSKA Moscow @ 1.70

Champions League Matches Real Madrid v Marseille

Real Madrid @ 1.25

Champions League Matches AC Milan v FC Zurich

AC Milan @ 1.18

Champions League Matches Man Utd v Wolfsburg Money-Back Special

Man Utd @ 1.36

£5, not convinced it'll come off.

People say the Championship is the worst division to bet on, it's the best. The league is so unpredictable that you get great odds. I don't like to put anymore than 4 teams on a accumulator because it then becomes almost impossible. You're best off finding the games with good odds, so I picked Barnsley at 18/5, Reading at 10/3 and then two 12/5/11/4 draws between Sheff U and Ipswich and Palace and Wednesday. I had two accumulators last week pretty similar to this one and 2 out of 4 came in on both, I didn't win them but I was only two teams away and the payout was good on both from only a few pounds at most. I think it's the most profitable way of attempting accumulators insread of predicting 8 games on teams you "think" will come through.  Go with the odds not the instinct.

I like this too, but at the end of the day it's still a punt.

I guess the difference to other systems is that you are laying out much smaller amounts with higher odds, so although you may lose more often when you do win it'll be a much higher amount. And because of the nature of the Championship you are more likely to get upsets than in the Premiership, so you would expect the higher odds bets to come in more often.

I'm willing to give any 'system' a try a couple of times and test the theory myself.

Will let you know how I get on at the weekend.

Have Oba with the first goal + Man U - Wolfsburg to finish 2-2. £1 returns £150.

Don't think he starts...isn't it Grafite and Dzeko?

Just wanted to say the same but than I had a look on their homepage and Veh said that it coulb be 3 strikers but it's a big possibility that Martins will start.

Guest geordienorway

Have Oba with the first goal + Man U - Wolfsburg to finish 2-2. £1 returns £150.

Wrong odds, the above is Grafite with the first goal. Martins scoring first + 2-2 returns £230. Brilliant odds.

Guest geordienorway

Only good odds if there's a chance Martins will score, nevermind score first :pow:

I know it is unlikely, but it is far from impossible. Wolfsburg are brilliant offensively, and Man U have been a bit dodgy defensively lately. Martins have those odd crackers against big teams, for example the opening fixture last season.. Definately value in those odds imo.