The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Useless bastards, second time they've stung me this season. Really disappointed, they were the obvious banker of that treble and for Rochdale and Notts County to both romp home that convincingly feels like a kick in the balls.

Still £13 up on the night with Villa winning but would have been around £80 up had Huddersfield won.

Moving quickly onto tomorrow night, Arsenal at 10/3 are a huge price, even if it is the kids playing.

Christ, who's that with? I may well end up lumping on that.

Coral. Can get 3/1 with a fair few other companies too.

Man Utd are 2.16 to beat Spurs at home tonight despite Redknapp admitting Spurs won't be full strength either. Villa are also 2.24 to win at Pompey who have a few players out. Think I might go for a fiver on the double and a tenner on ManU.

Pussied out of the tenner on ManU in the end and just put £2 on Park to score first instead :laugh:

Still, an extra £16 or so in the account, £186 and counting.

11/5 is a ludicrous price. But you have to wonder, there must be a reason they're not clear favourites?

Aye, they're probably shite or something and you've got a very decent team on paper. At least I may have put a curse on them for you tonight :thup:

11/5 is a ludicrous price. But you have to wonder, there must be a reason they're not clear favourites?

They're apparently resting a few players. I wouldn't be ultra confident about them winning but it's a good price.

£8 on Chelsea and Man City at 3.05. A silly £2 on Hamburg, Valencia, Genoa, Anderlecht and Celtic draw returns £60. I don't know why I put that on, I probably won't follow it and I know nothing about any of the teams.

Celtic to beat Hapoel,

Hamburg to beat Vienna

Barcelona to beat Xerez away -1.5

£10 on. Turns out I didn't actually place that £10 bet I did yesterday so using it today. Happy days.

I'm not betting expert. What does the -1.5 handicap mean? What's the difference with a -1 one?

Celtic to beat Hapoel,

Hamburg to beat Vienna

Barcelona to beat Xerez away -1.5

£10 on. Turns out I didn't actually place that £10 bet I did yesterday so using it today. Happy days.

I'm not betting expert. What does the -1.5 handicap mean? What's the difference with a -1 one?

Not 100% tbh. I think it was -1.5,-2.0 which means that they have to win by 2 for me to win but if they win by 1 I get half my stake back? Something like that.