PROMOTIONOMETER

cp40
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't doubt we'll have better individuals than that but it's all about who is in charge and what sort of a team they can blend. We were fairly turgid in the Championship pre-Christmas and got by on having better individuals, it was only once Routledge arrived we had a proper cohesive unit.

Bingo, this is the crux of it. As poor as we've become our squad contains at least as much talent as is in that line-up. Getting them organised and functioning is another matter entirely.

I would say Derby have probably the best individuals in the division, except Boro, and yet none of them made the team of the year and even looked like they would struggle to make the playoffs at one stage. Brighton don't have the individuals (except Knockaert) but have a more than competent manager and great team spirit, which is what you really need in the Chmpionship to go with some stand out players

Our current squad and our current manager walks all over the Championship, not that we would want or be able to keep the current squad.

I think you're right, in that we get so used to watching shite week in, week out, that we look towards the championship and think we are still going to continue being shite week in, week out, without stopping to think about the reduced quality of teams we'll be playing in it.

Our current squad and our current manager walks all over the Championship, not that we would want or be able to keep the current squad.

I think you're right, in that we get so used to watching s**** week in, week out, that we look towards the championship and think we are still going to continue being s**** week in, week out, without stopping to think about the reduced quality of teams we'll be playing in it.

The Championship isn't a good league at all.

It's really not. It's exciting because they're all different levels of shite, bar a couple of teams who have obviously gone on to get promotion. We played Alan Smith centre mid for 4 months and won the league ffs

With Rafa - 8

Without Rafa - 2

So with Rafa you'll think we will be in a relegation scrap, but without him we'll be challenging for automatic promotion O0 :p

The new Villa owner making plenty of noises about spending big and getting them back in the premier and eventually the top 3. I didn't really consider them much of a threat next season, but if they spend money they could be rivals for promotion. Theyr current squad is a long way off ours though, and Di Matteo or Pearson who are touted as being lined up for manager aren't in the same league as Reafa.

The new Villa owner making plenty of noises about spending big and getting them back in the premier and eventually the top 3. I didn't really consider them much of a threat next season, but if they spend money they could be rivals for promotion. Theyr current squad is a long way off ours though, and Di Matteo or Pearson who are touted as being lined up for manager aren't in the same league as Reafa.

well hopefully in the same league is exactly what Rafa is.

Am confident of automatic promotion if  Rafa stays, as by extension that means he's got the assurances he  wants on spending and the squad.

Would actually fancy us to be champions, as Villa had less than half of our points and Rafa had us playing top half form in the last 6 games, no matter who jumps ship on the playing side.

All three relegated sides should be top 6.

Without Rafa, I'd still fancy us for automatic promotion but would be less confident and a hell of a lot less interested in, and excited about, the new season.