PROMOTIONOMETER

cp40
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ElCid

Think people may be in for a little shock as we could be in this divisions for a few years unless extreme chges are made.

If we manage to spend a reasonable amount of money, and keep Rafe we should get out of the league comfortably, we let Rafa and most of our squad go and not invest then we will be down there a while.

We'll probably be there or thereabouts. Joey Barton's team has just walked the division, after all. Don't think we'll win it. We won't have anyone with the same sort of talent as Colo, Enrique, Jonas, Routledge and Carroll this time.

Tbf, there was no indication when we went down last time that those would step up. Coloccini had been written off, Nolan was, no one had a clue about Carroll yet other than potential. There may be 2-3 in this squad who might surprise us similarly.

The quality in the Championship is terrible, look at the lineups of the teams which have been promoted. We should be able to keep enough players and recruit well enough to come back up first time again but I don't trust these chumps to do anything right.

There's no one with the leadership qualities of Nolan, in particular, and Barton in this squad.

Can't see us getting anywhere near the play offs with the lot we'll have left after the inevitable rat departures.

I think we'll struggle to replicate anything we did last time. I don't think we'll bounce back up immediately, could be a few years before we are back.

This year's playoffs is something to watch out for as our potential main rivals are in it. One of Derby and Hull will be with us. I'd say Brighton should go up because of our poor record there. If they don't go up, wish we could try and get Hughton off them or he leaves there and rejoins us. Has the experience now and would probably have us up there rather than mid table or relegation fodder.

Can't get championship games on tv here, it's gonna suck :(

Hopefully we can keep:

Krul, Darlow, Mbemba, Anita, Mbabu and Lascelles for the GK / defence.

Sissoko, Townsend, SDJ, Aarons, Thauvin for midfield

Mitro, Perez, Armstrong for the attack

The rest can go jump off a cliff for all I care. 

Would leave us needing a couple of defenders, a centre mid and a striker at the minimum.  Preferably another winger too.

There's no one with the leadership qualities of Nolan, in particular, and Barton in this squad.

Can't see us getting anywhere near the play offs with the lot we'll have left after the inevitable rat departures.

Again, we don't know this do we? Nolan did nothing in particular when we went down, Barton's main contribution to the last relegation fight was that cowardly red card at Liverpool (which he seems to make a habit of when things get tough, seem to remember 2 red cards in his QPR days when they're struggling to survive?). No one expected Enrique, Coloccini or Jonas to step up the way they did when we dropped. There might be similar surprises this time.

Hopefully we can keep:

Would leave us needing a couple of defenders, a centre mid and a striker at the minimum.  Preferably another winger too.

You think Sissoko would stay with us in the Championship? He's been talking about a move to a Champions League club half the time he's been with us in the Premiership.

Hopefully we can keep:

You think Sissoko would stay with us in the Championship? He's been talking about a move to a Champions League club half the time he's been with us in the Premiership.

I said hopefully.  Keep Rafa, give Sissoko the captaincy with Lascelles as vice captain and maybe there'll be a few who'll hang around.  Long shot maybe but at least worth trying to get him to stay.