Memorabilia

Tsunami

Guest malandro

I have a small badge with "Newcastle vs Portsmouth" and the date of the game on it, the game being Shearer's testimonial. The beauty/value being, they were only sold before the game.

Did he have two testimonials?

Guest Stephen927

I have a scrap of paper with Beardsley's signature. Says "To Stephen" then a random collection of letters "Peter Beardsley".

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jackie-Milburn-Testimonial-Newcastle-United-Legend-/350382372294

though that's not my copy ... criminally low price as well

From Wikipedia

In 1967 he was given a belated testimonial match by Newcastle. Jackie had worried that ten years after leaving the club, people would have forgotten, but he needn't have worried, as almost 50,000 turned out at St. James' Park for the match which featured a host of stars including his cousins, the famous World Cup winning brothers, Bobby Charlton and Jack Charlton, and the great Hungarian player Ferenc Puskás.

Was there and feel privileged.

Guest Heneage

I need to stop collecting stuff, I'm becoming really bad about it, currently trying to get champions league book signed.  :facepalm:

Got a copy of this:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/02/ciu/12/02/aee1017b42a04211216b1210.L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

signed by Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.

Some spastic on Amazon is trying to flog one for £500...

Guest Heneage

well the frames cost a fortune so id be wanting at least 150 each for them

I take it you won't just sell the shirts. Any photo's or info on which games the shirts are from?

Never really saw my shirts as memorabilia at the time but got so many of the older ones now, they're piling up. Also got a few match day programmes signed by Sir Bobby and a 2002 team photo signed by quite a few players.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jackie-Milburn-Testimonial-Newcastle-United-Legend-/350382372294

though that's not my copy ... criminally low price as well

From Wikipedia

In 1967 he was given a belated testimonial match by Newcastle. Jackie had worried that ten years after leaving the club, people would have forgotten, but he needn't have worried, as almost 50,000 turned out at St. James' Park for the match which featured a host of stars including his cousins, the famous World Cup winning brothers, Bobby Charlton and Jack Charlton, and the great Hungarian player Ferenc Puskás.

Was there and feel privileged.

Would be a fantastic piece that would. Wish I had the money.

well the frames cost a fortune so id be wanting at least 150 each for them

I take it you won't just sell the shirts. Any photo's or info on which games the shirts are from?

yeah id take the shirts out of the frames

the NUFC shirts are from the 2002/2003 season....Bellamy one from the fulham at home match and the robert one is from the kiev away champs league match

roberto carlos shirt is from 2003/2004 season versus athletico bilbao

Guest prestonj1989

I've got a Coloccini match worn third shirt from last season which is signed by him and the rest of the squad.

Also got this seasons away shirt signed by various members of the squad. Might be selling this though.

• 1 year later...

Just bumping this thread as I need some advice.

I am attending a charity night with Tino sometime in May, and haven't got any of my old 1995/96 shirts to get signed from when I was a youngster (Had his name on the back too!)

Just wondering if anyone on here has an old shirt with his name on the back? It's a long shot, but if there's one lying around, let me know.

If not, is there anywhere online that does old/retro NUFC shirts?

Thanks lads/lasses :)

Thanks mate, I'll check that site.

Been on Ebay having a browse this morning and nothing on there at the moment.

Just wanted the old style shirt with his name on the back to get signed and framed.

I can only find Ginola and Ferdinand ones.

You could do what i did though.

Buy a 96 shirt and then buy the old felt name print then take it to an embroiders and get it stuck on. It worked a treat for me and nobody knows any different :thup:

Thanks mate, I'll check that site.

Been on Ebay having a browse this morning and nothing on there at the moment.

Just wanted the old style shirt with his name on the back to get signed and framed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Newcastle-United-Home-Shirt-XL-1997-98-ASPRILLA-11-/230773085839?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35bb25d68f

any good for you?

Guest dazzanufc1892

i have about 30 items now, from different sports and music. still need a bobby robson, if anybody has this or shearer, a bid would be made (would need coa or proof though)