John Hartson diagnosed with brain cancer

Dinho lad

Never been a fan of his since his Luton days when Luton did a giant killing act on us,and then the Eyal Berkovic episode...but was a very good pro,and quite intelligent and eloquent,when I met him...hope all goes well for him,in this desperate situation.

My thoughts go out to John Hartson. Livestrong, John! We're pulling for you! Folks, hold him in your thoughts and prayers please.

There is still hope, however slim that he can pull through.

He's in a critical condition at this present time in hospital.  What a fucking nightmare.

We have been overwhelmed by the support and goodwill from many thousands of football fans' date=' players, clubs and sporting figures and we have drawn strength from this support[/quote']

:thup:

Sadly, I fear the cancer has as good as taken his life. Desperately sad, if so - but obviously we can all hope for some sort of miracle...

:(

I think so too, it's a right b****** once it spreads, it's now become very tricky for the surgeons to get rid of and for him to make a full recovery. Hope he manages it though, and I've no doubt he'll fight it with all his strength.

Aye once it's spread you're pretty much done for as there could be cancerous cells anywhere the only way to cure it is basically use therapy on every cell in the body and Radiotherapy on the known tumours.  Good luck John but I'm afraid they've caught it too late, even in the best scenario they will only extend his life at max I'd say a couple of years.

Guest toonlass

Having lost someone who was extremely close to me from testicular cancer, and he was only 32 when he died I cannot urge you lads enough to check yourselves regularly. My family member was too late too, the cancer had spread into his lungs and he died despite enduring Chemo. He never got to meet his youngest son. However my friends hold a yearly football tournament in his memory, and the lads he was close to all make sure that they check themselves (so I am told,  :lol: ). My family all feel desperately sorry for John Hartson and his family. We were in the same position just 2 years ago and are still missing him like mad.

Guest Stephen927

One of my brothers friends had testicular cancer when he was still in high school, luckily he caught it early and they operated and removed it.

Echo what Blef said, well worth checking every few days or so. It's also a good excuse if any of you are ever caught masturbating.

Guest Mantis

Met him at Shearers testimonial and he was a really decent guy.  Fingers crossed for him and his family. 

One of my brothers friends had testicular cancer when he was still in high school, luckily he caught it early and they operated and removed it.

Echo what Blef said, well worth checking every few days or so. It's also a good excuse if any of you are ever caught masturbating.

Every few days is excessive.

My doctor said once a month, or even once every couple of months.

I think I'll check at least 3 times a day. Can never be too careful. :shifty:

Slighty OT - but watched the documentary about Farrah Fawcetts fight against her cancer and fuck me its one of the things that scares me most in life. Hate to think what anyone goes through and saw a few good friends go the same way - luckily (if you get my meaning) my Mother succummed quite quickly and would say her suffering was days not months or years.

I've told our lass tonight if that is ever me then its Switzerland as soon as they give me no hope. Fuck that.

I think I'll check at least 3 times a day. Can never be too careful. :shifty:

Don't do it too much or you'll become Howard Webb.

Slighty OT - but watched the documentary about Farrah Fawcetts fight against her cancer and fuck me its one of the things that scares me most in life. Hate to think what anyone goes through and saw a few good friends go the same way - luckily (if you get my meaning) my Mother succummed quite quickly and would say her suffering was days not months or years.

I've told our lass tonight if that is ever me then its Switzerland as soon as they give me no hope. Fuck that.

Couldn't agree more with that sentiment. :sadnod:

Really? Personally I'd like to cling on as long as possible, never know when some miracle cure could come out, unlikely but there's always the hope.

Slighty OT - but watched the documentary about Farrah Fawcetts fight against her cancer and f*** me its one of the things that scares me most in life. Hate to think what anyone goes through and saw a few good friends go the same way - luckily (if you get my meaning) my Mother succummed quite quickly and would say her suffering was days not months or years.

I've told our lass tonight if that is ever me then its Switzerland as soon as they give me no hope. f*** that.

Really? Personally I'd like to cling on as long as possible, never know when some miracle cure could come out, unlikely but there's always the hope.

as and when you've watched it,felt it a bit more you'll realise that the miracle cure is a way off and the pain is closer.

i fully understand and concur with crumpys sentiments.

Slighty OT - but watched the documentary about Farrah Fawcetts fight against her cancer and f*** me its one of the things that scares me most in life. Hate to think what anyone goes through and saw a few good friends go the same way - luckily (if you get my meaning) my Mother succummed quite quickly and would say her suffering was days not months or years.

I've told our lass tonight if that is ever me then its Switzerland as soon as they give me no hope. f*** that.

as and when you've watched it,felt it a bit more you'll realise that the miracle cure is a way off and the pain is closer.

I dont know about that, Im not one of these pro life hillbillies but its definitely something worth fighting for, ive seen cancer take close ones away and whilst you can take comforts in seeing your loved ones ease away from horrific daily pain, nothing can replace the time spent in those final moments fighting the disease.

Theres a tragic twisted logic in there somewhere, euthanasia is just far too clinical and detached from the emotions that feelings that surround said event, neccessary feelings. 

My Grandad died of lung cancer, and I still feel I'd rather fight it than not, but everyone's going to have a different feeling on it.

Best of luck to John, looks very bad but you never know.

I dont know about that, Im not one of these pro life hillbillies but its definitely something worth fighting for, ive seen cancer take close ones away and whilst you can take comforts in seeing your loved ones ease away from horrific daily pain, nothing can replace the time spent in those final moments fighting the disease.

Theres a tragic twisted logic in there somewhere, euthanasia is just far too clinical and detached from the emotions that feelings that surround said event, neccessary feelings.  

you sure a bout that ?

we are talking about people with weeks maybe months left of horrific pain against the chance of in those few weeks or months a cure will bring them back from advanced,terminal conditions ?

you sure a bout that ?

we are talking about people with weeks maybe months left of horrific pain against the chance of in those few weeks or months a cure will bring them back from advanced,terminal conditions ?

100% certain. They are truly horrific times but they are always dotted with some incredibly deep and meaningful moments. Im not talking about waiting for a cure bythwway, my angle is more about fighting the disease to the very end.

Like i say, personally Id fight all the way to the end.