SSN: £10m offer from Spurs for Sebastien Bassong rejected

Crumpy Gunt

Because you never get two right footed centre backs?

Name me one partnership in world football where both cb's are left footed?.

I wouldn't have the first clue tbh, I can't say I know what foot every single centre back in the world uses.

No difference between right footed or left footed though tbh and I am sure there are plenty of right footed centre back pairings.

Guest kingdawson

I think there is a difference tbh and i think a lot of managers think that too. You don't find it strange that near enough every left footed cb is the classy ball playing type, as opposed to an old school English hoofer type?.

I think there is a difference tbh and i think a lot of managers think that too. You don't find it strange that near enough every left footed cb is the classy ball playing type, as opposed to an old school English hoofer type?.

It's not an exclusive thing though, see Paolo Montero.

Guest kingdawson

Sorry but Montero is a very bad example. He was a tough bastard but he was also skillful and very comfortable on the ball. He fits the classy ball playing category far more than he does the hoofer category.

Sorry but Montero is a very bad example. He was a tough bastard but he was also skillful and very comfortable on the ball. He fits the classy ball playing category far more than he does the hoofer category.

Fucking hell KD, I try not to be overly harsh but you aren't half being stupid here.

I said it's not exclusive. i.e. A player can be both skillful AND a thug bastard, See Montero.

You don't half bring on the abuse son.

Guest kingdawson

or materazzi, or robbie elliot, or pearce, etc

Sorry again wrong. Just because a player is a thug doesn't mean he's automatically considered a hoofer. Materazzi is very comfortable on the ball and is/was a good footballer. Don't remember Elliot much so i can't comment but wasn't he more a lb then a cb? and Pearce is a left back.

Guest kingdawson

Sorry but Montero is a very bad example. He was a tough b****** but he was also skillful and very comfortable on the ball. He fits the classy ball playing category far more than he does the hoofer category.

f***ing hell KD, I try not to be overly harsh but you aren't half being stupid here.

I said it's not exclusive. i.e. A player can be both skillful AND a thug b******, See Montero.

You don't half bring on the abuse son.

I thought you meant it as if to say not all left sided cb's are ball playing cb's (i guess the guy who posted after you thought the same thing as he included Robbie Elliot)...No need to be rude.

What a load of shite. So you think Distin and Bassong would be too poncy because they're left footed and therefore by definition poncy?

I think you'd be hard pushed to see anyone bully those two. You're initial point was that those two couldn't play together as they were left footed. Anything else you say afterwards just looks like some bollocks explantion for a shit post.

The reason you don't get many pairings of two left footers is because not many left footers play centre half. Most get played at left back or left midfield due to lack of left footed players. 

Guest kingdawson

Where did i say they were too poncy?.

I'll bet a serious amount of money that if MON signs both of them (which i don't think he will) we won't see them paired up unless Davies is injured or seriously out of form.

Guest kingdawson

btw managers are known for picking players based on there preferd foot in the centre back position. Van Gaal used to do this back in the day.

I've asked before. Why are near enough every left footed cb the ball playing type? do you think it's merely coincidental?

btw managers are known for picking players based on there preferd foot in the centre back position. Van Gaal used to do this back in the day.

I've asked before. Why are near enough every left footed cb the ball playing type? do you think it's merely coincidental?

Bassong isn't though. He's comfortable enough on the ball but not a ball player imo.

Bassong isn't though. He's comfortable enough on the ball but not a ball player imo.

He loves watching the ball as it sails past him. That is a fact.

He loves watching the ball as it sails past him. That is a fact.

Still the best we've had since Woody imo. Not that that's saying much. Very good prospect and excellent at times but a long way to go.

apparently not in todays squad. if he has refused i hope hughton tells the truth and says so.

I'm sure Bassong will be shaking in his boots at the prospect of an ear bashing from Chris Hughton.

apparently not in todays squad. if he has refused i hope hughton tells the truth and says so.

I'm sure Bassong will be shaking in his boots at the prospect of an ear bashing from Chris Hughton.

I remember people gave Roeder jip for looking like a schoolteacher, Hughton doesn't even qualify as that :lol:

if bassong has refused to play then i don't care what hughton says to him. i just want to know if he is a greedy fuck like so many others.

if bassong has refused to play then i don't care what hughton says to him. i just want to know if he is a greedy fuck like so many others.

In it's current state, I don't believe any half decent player should feel obliged to play for this club if there is a chance for a better move. I would normally condemn any players with such a poor attitude but when the owner has given up on this season it's naieve to expect the players to feel differently.

if bassong has refused to play then i don't care what hughton says to him. i just want to know if he is a greedy f*** like so many others.

In it's current state, I don't believe any half decent player should feel obliged to play for this club if there is a chance for a better move. I would normally condemn any players with such a poor attitude but when the owner has given up on this season it's naieve to expect the players to feel differently.

players can kick up and decide when they want to play when they start signing contracts that say they can be paid off or have pay deducted if they play shit.

onre way or the other...having it both ways takes the piss somewhat.

if bassong has refused to play then i don't care what hughton says to him. i just want to know if he is a greedy f*** like so many others.

players can kick up and decide when they want to play when they start signing contracts that say they can be paid off or have pay deducted if they play shit.

I agree...but as the players are now free to take the piss with no real leader at the helm to come down hard, it's a situation which is inevitable and initiated and sustained by the owner of the club.

players can kick up and decide when they want to play when they start signing contracts that say they can be paid off or have pay deducted if they play s***.

I agree...but as the players are now free to take the piss with no real leader at the helm to come down hard, it's a situation which is inevitable and initiated and sustained by the owner of the club.

it is but whilst they are picking up thousands of pounds and wanting others to maybe pay them more than that they ought to play and worklike they are professionals worthy of it.

Got away with a lot last season and alongside Colo he was always going to look better, still a very bright future though and no less then £10mill would be fair.

We cannot keep players that are so intent on leaving.

I've seen Bassong play 5 or 6 times only but to me he looks like a very good player who has potential (that dreaded word) to be top class. Can't have helped him being in that team last year.

Think he would make a very good signing for a prem club - nonetheless in 12 months time we could be saying he had a disaster - on the other hand we could be saying he's looking like the next Gallas....

Time will tell but I think he'll be playing at one of the prem big boys next season. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.