So...2 weeks until the season starts.

Menace

Really nervous. If something doesn't happen we'll be in big trouble, even if we don't go into administration. Sure there is enough quality in the squad to reach promotion, but none of these players wants to be here. They won't fight for the cause. I think we'll have a very poor start to the season if Shearer doesn't come in.

Getting to the point where I feel like I dont really care tbh.

I dont feel like I can invest my thoughts into anything until this takeover is either completed or we appoint a manager that is backed.

Coming on here is progressively depressing.

It doesnt help that the usual excitement and optimism in the team and players has been taken away. I dont feel like there is any point thinking about this player or that, when they are more than likely to be sold by the close of the window.

I do think the team we put out against WBA will have alot to prove and want to do so, I dont think we have anyone capable of organising or inspiring them to get a result though.

The thing that excites me most is potentially seeing around 3,000 fans if not more travelling down to West Brom and doing us proud.

I'm mainly looking forward to that, and getting pissed. Should be good.

Considering all this other shit that apparently has to go on (fit and proper persons etc), there's already no chance of us starting the season not in utter turmoil.

Expecting a meek 2-0 surrender tbh.

I was looking forward to the season a few weeks ago.  New owner, a new manager, a few new players, getting rid of the dross who meekly surrendered our Premiership place.  It was going to be a great new season, we'd be challenging for promotion, we'd be trying to win games, hell we may even manage to win games.

But the sale just drags on and on and on and on.

I know that a team can start poorly and still be promoted come the end of the season but the idea of going into the new season with the bastards who simply couldn't give a shit about the club as long as they're getting paid just fills me with dread for the season.  Most of our players have all the determination of a dead seagull and will continue to just get by in games safe in the knowledge that they're earning a fortune anyway and there's still a chance that some gullible fuckwit will buy them to do a job in the Premiership.

I think we are fucked personally. Unless hughton decides to do something ambitious and drop some shite for up and coming youngsters in the team like ranger, ferguson, tavernier etc

I don't know how well donaldson has been doing but why not him and barton or guthrie for first game

Replace anyone on the right hand side with lualua

Left side im not to worried about. I think duff will be to good for some at that level

Oh and krul in goal. The only good that can come of this is to blood some youngsters.

fuck harper, nolan, butt, jonas, ameobi, martins, smith etc etc etc lets go for youth and flog the cunts

Guest BigTrev

to be honest after today my love for the club has grown if a man like sir bobby can still love this club then who am i to argue i can not wait for the season to start