So...2 weeks until the season starts.

Menace

Just watching Hughton interview on SSN, I'm sick to fucking death of the number of times he says "this group of lads"

Same here.  :lol:

Actually I am looking forward to the season. :blush: No, I don't know why.

Just watching Hughton interview on SSN, I'm sick to f***ing death of the number of times he says "this group of lads"

Same here.  :lol:

Actually I am looking forward to the season. :blush: No, I don't know why.

Probably because its going to be mental, we could be at the bottom, or we could be at the top, who knows.

Guest firetotheworks

Im ambivalent atm. Once it kicks off I know I'll be only thinking about the match Im watching, which will make a nice change. Its starting to look like it'll be impossible to offload our top earners/big players too, which will be interesting.

If Bassong, Enrique, Beye, Martins and Jonas stay purely because we have no manager to make the decision then it could work out once we have one to do the job once the transfer window is shut. It would make a nice change for bizarre circumstance to work in our favour. 

Guest Stephen927

Looking forward to the Premiership season and MOTD coming back on, not so bothered about the Championship season, it's already a write off in terms of a promotion charge.

Not looking forward at all.

After relegation I was but I was expecting Shearer as manager and loads of promising youngsters.

Instead we've got the same shit players who seems even worse than last season.

Plus I've got no affinity towards any of them, don't care if any leave now (except maybe Taylor).

I was about a month or 2 ago but now I fear we're going to get battered about this league and dumped in mid-table.

We have many unhappy players, a big bunch that are leaving, 2 coaches in charge, no manager, a prick of a "chairman", a clueless owner whos leaving asap.

We. Are. Fucked.

I'm looking forward to getting pissed on a match day, standing in a stadium in some arsehole of a town and screaming shit at people in the home end.  The actual football?  No, not really.

Basically, this.  :smug:

2 weeks to go, 2 games left,  its time to nail down a starting 11 and style of play in the next 2 games ready for the big kick off.  Surely if things stay as they are we won't be playing with 1 man up front like we have done in the previous friendly matches, especially as Nolan isn't mobile enough to play "off the striker".  i wasn't there today or against Shamrock but from the 2 games i have seen we don't have much pattern or shape to our and don't think we have the players to fit into a 451.

With no new striker looking like arriving we may as well go back to a good old fashioned 442 and get it out wide to our wingers and get  crosses in.  Stick Duff on the left and Lua on the right,  in the middle i'd go for Guthrie & Barton. 

I wouldn't start with the likes of Bassong, Jonas, Colo, Oba etc who are showing no desire to stay or for the upcoming fight, just give them the last 30 mins.

oh and why wasn't Harper playing today?  He's been ring rusty due to lack of play for about 18 months and while he played the 90 mins on Tuesday,  Krul and Forster played 45 mins each on the Wednesday against Whitley Bay and also played in the Darlo game.

Guest Mantis

Cant see anything positive worth getting excited, the only thing that has changed since the last day of last season is we have no Manager.  Does anyone know if a league team has ever gone longer than us without a Manager?

2 weeks to go, 2 games left,  its time to nail down a starting 11 and style of play in the next 2 games ready for the big kick off.  Surely if things stay as they are we won't be playing with 1 man up front like we have done in the previous friendly matches, especially as Nolan isn't mobile enough to play "off the striker".   i wasn't there today or against Shamrock but from the 2 games i have seen we don't have much pattern or shape to our and don't think we have the players to fit into a 451.

With no new striker looking like arriving we may as well go back to a good old fashioned 442 and get it out wide to our wingers and get  crosses in.   Stick Duff on the left and Lua on the right,   in the middle i'd go for Guthrie & Barton. 

I wouldn't start with the likes of Bassong, Jonas, Colo, Oba etc who are showing no desire to stay or for the upcoming fight, just give them the last 30 mins.

oh and why wasn't Harper playing today?  He's been ring rusty due to lack of play for about 18 months and while he played the 90 mins on Tuesday,  Krul and Forster played 45 mins each on the Wednesday against Whitley Bay and also played in the Darlo game.

Since when have our wingers been able to put crosses into the box, like?

I've been saying since leaving Villa Park that I couldn't wait. The summer has been totally shit (more than predicted) but as soon as I walk into the Hawthorns, I'll be back to what I know. For me the actual game is only a fraction of the weekend - anticipation, nerves and excitment for the days leading up, meeting my mates/family on the day, then the laughter and banter that follows. Despite how bad the game and results get, this is what I enjoy about the footy and thats why I continue to attend.

In comparison, the summer break is agony because everything is out of my hands. Very little is actually fact and despite trying to hide from all the stories, hope inevitabily builds up. Its been crap after crap this time around and its going to get worse before it gets better. The least I can do, is to go to the footy and enjoy the factors that I can control.

2 weeks to go, 2 games left,  its time to nail down a starting 11 and style of play in the next 2 games ready for the big kick off.  Surely if things stay as they are we won't be playing with 1 man up front like we have done in the previous friendly matches, especially as Nolan isn't mobile enough to play "off the striker".   i wasn't there today or against Shamrock but from the 2 games i have seen we don't have much pattern or shape to our and don't think we have the players to fit into a 451.

With no new striker looking like arriving we may as well go back to a good old fashioned 442 and get it out wide to our wingers and get  crosses in.   Stick Duff on the left and Lua on the right,   in the middle i'd go for Guthrie & Barton. 

Since when have our wingers been able to put crosses into the box, like?

i know, they've got 2 weeks to learn!!  if we want to score goals they better learn quick,  no point having big strikers like Carroll, Shola and Ranger if your not going to get the ball in the box.

Not one bit if i'm honest. Every time we've had a pre-season game i've sorta stumbled across it on the day. For eg i came in from work and saw we were playing Leyton Orient and was like "ooo". I've simply not got in the mood for it yet... for me last season still only seems like a couple weeks ago - something (well, lots of things) were meant to have happened by now.

At this rate we're going to be comfortably beaten by West Brom and have a very, very rickety start to the season.