Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

His kicking at Stoke was appalling and today, while it was an improvement, there should have been a different tactic used in the second half other than him trying to find Demba Ba with a long ball out. Totally stifled our play as Distin cleaned up everytime.

I thought his save from the bullet-header to his bottom right was top-drawer, to catch it as well. He made it seem so easy but many a keeper would have palmed that into danger and wouldn't have been blamed after making the initial stop.

He has his little brain farts from time to time but he's young, he'll iron that out of his game with experience.  I have faith in him, i think he'll go on to become a really good keeper for us.  Having a settled defence in front of helps at this stageof his development though, Coloccini is a great centre-half to play behind, never flustered.

oh come on man, someone bite for GM will you.

Thanks maddy. Even I was getting bored of how tedious this was.

So was Frank. ;)

:lol: Ye little bastard!

EDIT: I was totally scratching my head trying to work out who Frank was! :lol:

http://guardian.touch-line.com/

Goals against

Newcastle - 8

Citeh - 10

Liverpool - 10

Man U - 12

Chelsea - 15

In my opinion, Tim Krul is the the key person behind this.

Don't think you can pin it down on him as being the key. Yes he's been in fantastic form, and is mature beyond his years. IMO the key has been the organization of the whole team. The forwards press well from the front, the midfielders harry and break up play, and the defence execute the off-side trap quite intelligently. Obviously we defend well as a team, but every player puts in that little bit extra work to achieve the exceptional results we are seeing.

So many heroes this season in B&W, its of course harsh to lay the praise at one player more than another, however the Goalkeeper role imo is vital to how the back four play.

If they know they have a calm pair of gloves behind them Im sure it gives them so much more confidence to concentrate on their own game.

I cant really remember us ever having a keeper that had it all like Krul seems to do. and lets not forget he's only an absolute baby in Goalkeeping terms.

His kicking at Stoke was appalling and today, while it was an improvement, there should have been a different tactic used in the second half other than him trying to find Demba Ba with a long ball out. Totally stifled our play as Distin cleaned up everytime.

We should be playing the ball to Colo/Cabaye/Tiote or a wing-back at least 7 or 8 times out of 10, imo.

Guest icemanblue

We should be playing the ball to Colo/Cabaye/Tiote or a wing-back at least 7 or 8 times out of 10, imo.

And what happens if those options are not available due to pressure from the opposition.

For example, fucking Saturday.

And what happens if those options are not available due to pressure from the opposition.

True. It's something that I feel we should be looking to integrate into our new style of play, in general.

Coloccini, Raylor, Tiote and Cabaye are all strong passers of the ball. I see no reason not to make the most of said players' ability. We are still relying on lumping the ball forward to our 'big men', imo.

Guest icemanblue

True. It's something that I feel we should be looking to integrate into our new style of play, in general.

Coloccini, Raylor, Tiote and Cabaye are all strong passers of the ball. I see no reason not to make the most of said players' ability. We are still relying on lumping the ball forward to our 'big men', imo.

It makes no odds how good they are on the ball, though. If they're under pressure, then the pass isn't on.

Guest icemanblue

Neither am I. What you said, however, is that the ball should be passed out from the back 7 or 8 times out of 10. You can't make demands like that when it's a situation entirely dependent on the oppositions actions.

From what I've seen this season, Krul will (under quite audible direction from Pardew (not on the telly)), more often than not, look for the short pass out from the back. If it's not on, or we have the chance at a break, then he doesn't. I can't see anything that needs changing.

Neither am I. What you said, however, is that the ball should be passed out from the back 7 or 8 times out of 10. You can't make demands like that when it's a situation entirely dependent on the oppositions actions.

From what I've seen this season, Krul will (under quite audible direction from Pardew (not on the telly)), more often than not, look for the short pass out from the back. If it's not on, or we have the chance at a break, then he doesn't. I can't see anything that needs changing.

Spot on, we nearly scored from one of his long punts upfield on Saturday and we did score from one against Stoke. 

Be fair though Inochi, we've been quality this season so Colocho needs to twist about summat  :razz: