Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Given was f***ing terrible at saving penalties - maybe because he was so short, it was difficult for him to intimidate opponents into taking poor penalties by trying to hard to put into the corner.

Can't remember Harper saving any either :lol:

Have a bit more hope for Krul, as he's quite tall and very agile. Just needs to work on his pre-penalty posturing and be decisive/pick a direction to dive.

The three I remember Given saving were all awful penalties.  Ravanelli's against Derby, Baros' away at Villa and Neuville's vs. Leverkusen.  None were hit particularly hard and none were right in the corners.  Baros' was straight down the middle and Given saved it with his legs.

Tim Howard is a penalty saving machine iirc.

If Krul is bad at saving penalties, I'll take that, he's good at everything else...apart from distribution. Hope he works on that a lot over the season, needs improving.

Beast. :snod:

I don't remember too many Shearer penalties ending up in the top corner, like.

It's where he used to put nearly all his penalties early on.  Quite a few of them would hit the roof of the net and still be rising - almost unstoppable.  He seemed to stop doing that later on in his career.