Keegan or Shearer

Guest ObaStar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's not very reliable though, is he? The fact that he's never seen out a managerial contract (unsure about whether he did at Fulham or not, maybe you can put me right?) is rather worrying.

What does that mean? Name me 5 managers who have. How often do reigns end in something other than resignation or sacking? It's a maxim in football that a team's form dives when the players know their manager will be leaving at a defined time. If it helps, he probably could've turned England and us the second time around into sackings without too much difficulty. Arguably did with us, in fact - he was being steadily 'relieved of his duties'.

Rafa, Moyes, Ferguson, Wenger have all seen out their initial contracts. Sure Southgate has as well, but sort of ruins any point i was going to make that the best and most successful mangers see out their deals  :lol:

So has Keegan, then - he signed a three year contract with us in 1992.

Guest The Libertine

He's not very reliable though, is he? The fact that he's never seen out a managerial contract (unsure about whether he did at Fulham or not, maybe you can put me right?) is rather worrying.

What does that mean? Name me 5 managers who have. How often do reigns end in something other than resignation or sacking? It's a maxim in football that a team's form dives when the players know their manager will be leaving at a defined time. If it helps, he probably could've turned England and us the second time around into sackings without too much difficulty. Arguably did with us, in fact - he was being steadily 'relieved of his duties'.

Rafa, Moyes, Ferguson, Wenger have all seen out their initial contracts. Sure Southgate has as well, but sort of ruins any point i was going to make that the best and most successful mangers see out their deals  :lol:

he signed a 10 year contract in 1994.

Two responses;

A) That's a ludicrous contortion you'd be pulling to maintain your ground.

B) Then none of T'sT lot have seen out their contracts either and my original question remains unanswered.

Guest The Libertine

Two responses;

A) That's a ludicrous contortion you'd be pulling to maintain your ground.

B) Then none of T'sT lot have seen out their contracts either and my original question remains unanswered.

you took that to a level far beyond what i meant. never mind.

Was just listening to this song and made me think of KK:

You never give me your money

You only give me your funny paper

and in the middle of negotiations

you break down

I never give you my number

I only give you my situation

and in the middle of investigation

I break down

Out of college, money spent

See no future, pay no rent

All the money's gone, nowhere to go

Any jobber got the sack

Monday morning, turning back

Yellow lorry slow, nowhere to go

But oh, that magic feeling, nowhere to go

Oh, that magic feeling

Nowhere to go

Nowhere to go

One sweet dream

Pick up the bags and get in the limousine

Soon we'll be away from here

Step on the gas and wipe that tear away

One sweet dream came true... today

Came true... today

Came true... today...yes it did

One two three four five six seven,

All good children go to Heaven

In fact if KK comes back, there is going to be a musical of this using a reworked version of the Abbey Road medley of our past season.

Here comes the Joe King,

Here comes the Joe King,

Everybody's laughing,

Everybody's laughing,

Here comes the Joe King.

Mean Mister Ashley sleeps in the park

Shaves in the dark trying to save paper

Sleeps in a hole in the road

Saving up to buy some clothes

Keeps a ten bob note up his nose

Such a mean old man

Such a mean old man

Well you should see Polythene Llamb

She's so good-looking but she looks like a man

Well you should see her in drag dressed in her polythene bag

Yes you should see Polythene Llamb

Yeah yeah yeah

Shearer came in thru the bathroom window

Golden slumbers (we get relegated)

Carry that Weight (KK comes back)

The End

In fact if KK comes back, there is going to be a musical of this using a reworked version of the Abbey Road medley of our past season.

Here comes the Joe King,

Here comes the Joe King,

Everybody's laughing,

Everybody's laughing,

Here comes the Joe King.

Mean Mister Ashley sleeps in the park

Shaves in the dark trying to save paper

Sleeps in a hole in the road

Saving up to buy some clothes

Keeps a ten bob note up his nose

Such a mean old man

Such a mean old man

Well you should see Polythene Llamb

She's so good-looking but she looks like a man

Well you should see her in drag dressed in her polythene bag

Yes you should see Polythene Llamb

Yeah yeah yeah

Shearer came in thru the bathroom window

Golden slumbers (we get relegated)

Carry that Weight (KK comes back)

The End

Absolutely fantastic!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shearer.

Whilst Keegan is clearly a better manager, he's a coward, doesn't love the club and would walk again if everything didn't go his way.  That's the last thing we'd need this season.

:lol:

So many Keegan haters.  :lol:

Yet half the people on here wouldn't even be fans if it wasn't for Keegan.

I can't believe people would want Keegan back after all shit that has happened. I have been a Toon supporter long before Keegan was in charge.

I can't believe people would want Keegan back after all s*** that has happened. I have been a Toon supporter long before Keegan was in charge.

I didn't say everyone should want him back, just respect him for what he's done for the club.

I can't believe people would want Keegan back after all s*** that has happened. I have been a Toon supporter long before Keegan was in charge.

I didn't say everyone should want him back, just respect him for what he's done for the club.

Imagine how much respect he'd have had last year had he just grinned and bared it, kept us up (which I've no doubt he would have done even with the very same squad), and then resigned this summer unhappy with how the club was run, but with us still in the Premiership?

Are we not allowed to respect Keegan for his accomplishments and criticize him for his faults at the same time?

Just because we wear black and white stripes doesn't mean the world has to be like that too you know.

Imagine how much respect he'd have had last year had he just grinned and bared it, kept us up (which I've no doubt he would have done even with the very same squad), and then resigned this summer unhappy with how the club was run, but with us still in the Premiership?

He'd have still been called a coward, bottler and a quitter.

It's what he should have done, though maybe even he didn't see relegation for us, just another shite season.