Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

ive just been to SJP today and it really does take your breath away. plenty of mongs hanging around like......but it was still an amazing experience that i'll never forget. mind you, i wrote an essay in the condolence book!!! pretty corny stuff as well. but the whole thing was surreal.

I found it hard to be gripped by the scenes at St James' I think I'll be in floods of tears later though when watching the tribute programme. I found St James' more of a celebration in a way, a celebration of football.

Like the great armies going back into the depths of world history...ones who would respect one anothers greatest warriors, and celebrate them. Football fans have united for the greater cause, flocked to the nearest place of Robson worship and have recognised not only a great warrior, who won nearly every battle against cancer. Not only a charasmatic, enthusiastic, fantastic leader - but most importantly a great man of life - Tynesides greatest Son - Sir Bobby Robson.

Long live the Father of football.

I went this afternoon as well. Was in there for about 45 minutes. I wanted to put my shirt on my old seat higher up in the Leazes where I used to sit when Sir Bobby was manager but they weren't letting people up there. Had a good look around and it was great to see all of the different shirts and tributes from all over the place. I spent quite a bit of time just standing at pitch level looking at the pitch and dugout and thinking about all of the great times under him. I really didn't want to leave. It was easy writing stuff on my toon shirt for him, but when it came to writing a message in the book it was a lot harder. Felt like I should have kept adding more. I'll post some photos soon.

Guest Geordiesned

Thought this started off pretty corny but have to admit some of the lyrics made me smile.

EDIT: Just noticed that all proceeds from the record sale go to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

Guest Geordiesned

Anyone kna when any of the tribute programmes are on and what channel?...or have they all been on?

10:35 tonight BBC1, it's not listed yet and may not be national.

Is this definitely on tonight? I can't find it listed anywhere.

Anyone kna when any of the tribute programmes are on and what channel?...or have they all been on?

10:35 tonight BBC1, it's not listed yet and may not be national.

Is this definitely on tonight? I can't find it listed anywhere.

It is aye. Only seen it listed in North East listings though.

Guest bleedinblacknwhite

Thought this started off pretty corny but have to admit some of the lyrics made me smile.

EDIT: Just noticed that all proceeds from the record sale go to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

I like it  :smitten:

It's actually mint imo. Is it going out on CD?

Cheers mate, I actually meant Tooj's Sir Bobby Vid's though.  :thup:

Search Youtube for "bobby robson newcastle" and he's got three on the first page of results, look for Toojling.

Cheers mate, I actually meant Tooj's Sir Bobby Vid's though.  :thup:

Search Youtube for "bobby robson newcastle" and he's got three on the first page of results, look for Toojling.

Rock on Brother. :coolsmiley:

Another:

This one is corny as fuck like :lol: :)

Guest bleedinblacknwhite

It's actually mint imo. Is it going out on CD?

I dunno.

'Sir Bobby's gone to heaven, he'll be charming them up there. He may get Jesus' name wrong'

Made me laugh  :razz:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Really not the point i know

but

The coverage of the memorial at SJP raises our profile as a club and may help to develop interest in the club from potential buyers. I think only Man U and Liverpool could match us for this. It shows passion, human kindness, affection and gives the club a family feel.

It may be Sir Bobs parting gift!

If it hasnt already been sold :)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Man U match this? As f***ing if

I reckon when Sir Alex or the lesserSir Bob bite the dust it will be similar

What was it like for Sir Matt Busby?