Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcYoEh29jf4&hl=en&fs=1&

Watch from 1:38. Bobby giving a press conference.

Note how he says Caput, when it's supposed to be acabou  ;D

In Portugal they are demanding with regards to foreign managers speaking Portuguese, my friends said with Sir Bobby it didn't matter, the whole country took to him.

A funny quote from my friend.

SIR Manuel dit :

Greame sounes speak very bad,Greame sounes is 1% of robson for everythings.

Don't we all just know it aswell!

Sousa Cintra (President of Sporting Lisbon) - ''One of my biggest mistakes i made at Sporting, was to have fired him''.

( A bit like the situation he faced at Newcastle, he sacked him after a loss in Europe on an Aeroplane, not long after Bobby joined Porto  :iamatwat:)

Pinto Costa (President of Porto) - ''He was an example of strength and will to live that i will never forget''.

Vítor Baía- ''He was a very special man, with a contagious humour''.

Guest Heneage

I love that clip, what  like most is the fact when he's trying his best to speak Portuguese and you here them laughing, and you watch him and he has a look on his face like he was born in Lisbon and is speaking fluent.

^^^^ Lol that clip just cracked me up!, is he actulally making any sense in Portuguese?  :lol: he seems to only know one word which he just repeats sporadically!!  :mackems:

In the end my friend reckons he got a pretty good grip on the language, and Robson considered Portugal his second home. Got another video but i stole it from a Portuguese news website, where he speaks it abit better, but it's still funny :)

^^^^ Lol that clip just cracked me up!, is he actulally making any sense in Portuguese?  :lol: he seems to only know one word which he just repeats sporadically!!  :mackems:

In the end my friend reckons he got a pretty good grip on the language, and Robson considered Portugal his second home. Got another video but i stole it from a Portuguese news website, where he speaks it abit better, but it's still funny :)

I heard an interview on Talksport today and some bloke was saying just how much he loved Portugal and how much the Portuguese people loved him.  He even called for a statue to be erected in Portugal.  :thup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcYoEh29jf4&hl=en&fs=1&

Watch from 1:38. Bobby giving a press conference.

Note how he says Caput, when it's supposed to be acabou  ;D

In Portugal they are demanding with regards to foreign managers speaking Portuguese, my friends said with Sir Bobby it didn't matter, the whole country took to him.

A funny quote from my friend.

SIR Manuel dit :

Greame sounes speak very bad,Greame sounes is 1% of robson for everythings.

Don't we all just know it aswell!

Sousa Cintra (President of Sporting Lisbon) - ''One of my biggest mistakes i made at Sporting, was to have fired him''.

( A bit like the situation he faced at Newcastle, he sacked him after a loss in Europe on an Aeroplane, not long after Bobby joined Porto  :iamatwat:)

Pinto Costa (President of Porto) - ''He was an example of strength and will to live that i will never forget''.

Vítor Baía- ''He was a very special man, with a contagious humour''.

"Dodgy Kippers" is all i hear haha

Guest kenny_c

I went to the ground yesterday to lay a top with a message on and i saw a pic printed out, it had on the words:

"a love that burns within me and will never fade." with orbsons face on it

i wanted to get that put on a t-shirt for the west brom game but cant find it, anyone else seen it of know where i can down load it from?!

cheers

"What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city" Sir Bobby Robson

Guest toonlass

Theren should be a Bobby Robson Tournament set up with proceeds going to the Sir Bobby Robson foundation. A tournament between Newcastle, Barca, PSV and Porto, changing home grounds each year so that each club hosts it.

Brilliant clip of the Sunderland fans singing Bobby's name.

:clap:

Did anyone listen to the three legends on friday night it was a great show with lots of current players,ex pros and people who knew Sir Bobby recalling there memories of him and it was totally soured at the end of the night by a shit bag calling himself Macca who is a Sunderland fan ringing in knowing fine well this programme was all about the great man and he made no mention of him just talking about Sunderlands next game and when he was told he just ignored Mike Horswell and ranted on ,personally if i met the little shit bag i would fookin cripple the cunt ,how disrespectful and putting his known dislike for Newcastle aside how about a bit of humility and i bet all the listeners would be emmbarresed by his attitude . :rant:

That's absolutely amazing from the mackems, nobody else in football could bring enemies together like that. Brilliant.

Just got back from SJP myself after paying my respects to the great man, the response has been incredible.