Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

The BBC have reissued Just Call Me Bobby. Loads of copies for £3.99 in Morrisons Leeds so I'd imagine it is going to be a pretty wide rerelease. Must be worth owning a hard copy as opposed to a VHS recording or something else if you haven't already got one :)

I just watched the updated version from BBC1 and it nearly had me in tears again. Brilliant man.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1789748,00.html

NEWCASTLE United are pleased to announce that they will be hosting a live screening of Sir Bobby Robson's Memorial Service from Durham Cathedral on Monday 21 September at St. James' Park.

The North (Sir John Hall) Stand will be opened for the event. The stadium will open at 12.30pm and free admission will be via Turnstiles 17 - 32 - disabled to use Emergency Exit N16 for access.

As seating arrangements are on an unreserved basis please ensure attendance in good time for the commencement of the service which is 2pm.

The BBC have reissued Just Call Me Bobby. Loads of copies for £3.99 in Morrisons Leeds so I'd imagine it is going to be a pretty wide rerelease. Must be worth owning a hard copy as opposed to a VHS recording or something else if you haven't already got one :)

I just watched the updated version from BBC1 and it nearly had me in tears again. Brilliant man.

My favorite Barça moment of him (aside from the Cup win, of course) was when he was interviewed in a restaurant. The reporter asked him about how the critics thought his system was too conservative for Barça. Sir Robson just grabbed all the wine glasses in the table and promptly proceeded to school the journalist on the teams tactics and player movements. It was awesome  :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Geordiesned

I've just seen this new t-shirt on the Philosophy Football website. All profits go to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation. Fiver off for first 48 hours.

http://www.philosophyfootball.com/view_item.php?pid=516

Front:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Geordiesned/sirbobbytshirt.jpg

"What is a club anyway? It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city." Sir Bobby Robson

Back:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Geordiesned/sirbobbytshirtback.jpg

Unique scarf will commemorate Sir Bobby

Last updated: 16/09/2009 15:00:00

IPSWICH Town's special link with Newcastle United is set to be celebrated today with the release of a unique item of memorabilia.

They may be preparing to do battle on the football field but the two clubs have put sporting rivalries aside to jointly release a scarf in honour of Sir Bobby Robson.

The blue and black design features the crests of both clubs with all proceeds from sales going to the former Town and Magpies manager's cancer charity, The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

The scarf, which will be priced at £6, went on sale in club shops today.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/s24/assets/images/dynamicFeed/heathm20090916151729.jpg

Ipswich Town communications director Terry Baxter said he hoped fans from both clubs would wear the scarf with pride.

“We are delighted to be able to help support Sir Bobby's charity in this way,” he said.

“Along with Newcastle United we have developed the match specific blue and white/ black and white scarf.

“All profits from the sale of this unique item will go directly to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation and I am sure that our supporters will wear the scarf with pride in his memory.”

Footage of Sir Bobby's memorial service, which is taking place at Durham Cathedral on Monday, is to be screened live on the Cornhill.

As revealed in yesterday's Evening Star, the borough council is appealing to traders and businesses to deck their windows out in Town's colours on the day to ensure the former England boss is given a fitting send off.

Town entertain Newcastle on September 26. Prior to the match the North Stand will be renamed in Sir Bobby's honour.

Borough council leader Liz Harsant said: “Sir Bobby was not only a national hero, he was an Ipswich hero and will always be a legend here.”

Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail [email protected]

Sold out apparently.

Newcastle to honour Sir Bobby with special kit

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/sep2009/3/0/sir-bobby-robson-kit-102691370.jpg

NEWCASTLE United and Ipswich Town will wear special commemorative shirts in memory of the clubs' former manager Sir Bobby Robson when they meet at Portman Road later this month.

Sir Bobby, who served both The Magpies and The Tractor Boys with great distinction during a decorated managerial career which spanned 40 years, passed away in July at the age of 76 after a long battle with cancer.

In the aftermath of his passing, both St.James' Park and Portman Road were visited by thousands of fans from around the world wishing to pay their respects to the former England boss.

And The Football League have now granted special dispensation for the two sides to alter their playing kit for the game on September 26.

Think they should have scrapped the sponsor, or at least replaced it with the Bobby Robson foundation or cancer research.

I think that's easier said than done, contractually.

Still though, it should have been done.

No doubt a minuscule amount of this is going to his charity while the club/sponsor/Adidas recoup the big money.

Edit: NM i thought it was for sale, just for the game apparently.

I assume service is in no way open to the public? Shame I know a cannon there would have been special to be inside feel the love almost. Dad said yesterday you'll never see such an outpour like that even when Fergie goes.