Sir Bobby Robson (1933-2009)

Guest Stephen927

So this will be the anniversary of winning at Bayer Leverkusen, the previous seasons finalists, in the 2nd groupd stage of the champions league?

Talk about having your cake and eating it. 

A night and knight to make you proud of this club.

Thank you sir.

• 11 months later...
6 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

If only he had of been our manager under this new regime/ owners , I think we would of fabulous

If only he'd have replaced Keegan instead of coming in after Dalglish/Gullit. Sliding doors that.

To be fair to the club that's what they wanted and tried for.

Edited by Jonas

Listened to the Atheltic podcast. 

Got quite teary during the final

episode as SBR described his cancer and treatment etc. As a young man of 15, when he died, I thought 76 was so old. It really isn’t, is it? So sad really. 

I have just finished listening to the four part podcast and honestly I was so moved by it. I could listen to Bobby talk all day long. Particularly loved the episode about growing up in County Durham and his young life. The final episode about his cancer battle was so sad but uplifting too and the chit chat at the end where they talk about wrapping it up cause Bobby has a 4pm appointment and he says "We've had a good day have we not, George?" Really got me. They don't make men like him anymore. I just wish George had gotten the chance to have more time with him and really go in depth on the different stages of his career. Brilliant stuff.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Sir Bobby what a legend :love: 

Growing up watching the football of King Kev’s team & Sir Bobby’s I was really lucky lad. We might have not won anything but the memories where something special.

Edited by Playmaker

Sir Bobby’s teams were very good, but Keegan’s team was exceptional. We used to go into every game and attack the fuck out of them, opposition was usually shitting their pants before the game started.

26 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Sir Bobby’s teams were very good, but Keegan’s team was exceptional. We used to go into every game and attack the fuck out of them, opposition was usually shitting their pants before the game started.

Under Keegan there were times I quite enjoyed the other team holding out for a bit as part of the entertainment to keep a bit of spice in it with constant missed chances and keeper saves feeing like delaying the inevitabe. Was never sure about it thereafter.

Was one game against Man City where we forced their keeper into about fives saves in the first 2minutes but it never fet like we were blowing our chances just that we were in for some cracking entertainment.

• 1 month later...