World Class?

Guest sicko2ndbest

I hate seeing Gerrard on 'World Class' lists.

Never done it at International level = not world clas imo. Not to mention the on-field thuggery and constant cheating whcih leads to his 'match winning' goals for Liverpool.

Figo in his pomp, now there was world class. Ditto the real Ronaldo (albeit possibly on too short a time scale to be truly world class).

Gerrard is world class.

<Soz like>

I understand why you'd not include him due to lack of International success, but does that mean the likes of Essien and Drogba should be disregarded here? Or what about the likes of Best, Cantona, Di Stefano, Litmanen, Weah, Giggs who never even played at a World Cup, should they be disregarded in laying claim to World Class status?

Now I know the majority of them played for inferior teams than England, but Englands failings as a whole can be put to blame for lack of international pedigree.

No way Henry is!

I dont even know where to begin. I suppose asking how would be best: How?

:spit:

Can't believe you're trying to be patronising when Henry is clearly a shadow of his former self, way way way past his world class days.

And this is coming from someone who loves him as a player.

Okay posting a Youtube video doesn't exactly prove anything, and I can't f***ing stand Gerrard. I've heard Liverpool fan declare him as one of the best players ever, which is ridiculous, but there is no doubt he is World Class in my opinion.  

Okay posting a Youtube video doesn't exactly prove anything, and I can't f***ing stand Gerrard. I've heard Liverpool fan declare him as one of the best players ever, but there is no doubt he is World Class in my opinion.  

too in and outy. goes long spells of being ordinary then being world class and often rounds off 90mins of little with a qulaity strike.

(his performance at SJP last season was a lesson in how to play the support striker/attacking midfielder role..........if he turned in more of those he'd be in there)

Okay posting a Youtube video doesn't exactly prove anything, and I can't f***ing stand Gerrard. I've heard Liverpool fan declare him as one of the best players ever, which is ridiculous, but there is no doubt he is World Class in my opinion.  

Proves you've not read the rules in the six months you've been registered.

Bad crack, guess this place is a bit more Nazi than other forums.

its the law

You'll be telling us you don't and drink drive, next.

I can guarantee he doesn't as it happens. :lol:

that works on two counts.

Puyol is not a world class defender tbh.

Even though he was at the heart of the Spanish side that won the Euro Championships in style, and also a vital defensive member of the Barca side that won everything last year?

Not sure. Maybe he's not a spectacular defender, but he's difficult to beat at the highest levels and in the big games.

Alonso > Gerrard and that proves how crazy it is that Gerrard is making "world class" lists (Alonso might go either way).  Gerrard can't even work in a midfield where someone plays the same way he does for fucks sake - how is that world class?  

I hate seeing Gerrard on 'World Class' lists.

Never done it at International level = not world clas imo. Not to mention the on-field thuggery and constant cheating whcih leads to his 'match winning' goals for Liverpool.

Figo in his pomp, now there was world class. Ditto the real Ronaldo (albeit possibly on too short a time scale to be truly world class).

Gerrard is world class.

<Soz like>

I understand why you'd not include him due to lack of International success, but does that mean the likes of Essien and Drogba should be disregarded here? Or what about the likes of Best, Cantona, Di Stefano, Litmanen, Weah, Giggs who never even played at a World Cup, should they be disregarded in laying claim to World Class status?

Now I know the majority of them played for inferior teams than England, but Englands failings as a whole can be put to blame for lack of international pedigree.

Drogba is worshipped like a god in the Ivory Coast, he's brilliant at international level. Colo's SAC didn't neccessarily mean success as in silverwear