WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

Anyone who was at Dundee on Sunday knows how much Jonas wants to play for Newcastle.

If he cared any less, he'd fall asleep.

i know he's managed to get progressively worse and less interested in every game he's played!  Started like you'd expect an Argentinian international to perform when he looked quality against Darlo but has been a disgrace in the last 2 games.

not against Leeds he wasn't. He never stopped running in the first half, looked by far our biggest threat

biggest threat??  how many shots? how many crosses did he put over? how many through balls did he play?  i would run all day if i was playing for NUFC, i wouldn't be any good to the team though.

Anyone who was at Dundee on Sunday knows how much Jonas wants to play for Newcastle.

i know he's managed to get progressively worse and less interested in every game he's played!  Started like you'd expect an Argentinian international to perform when he looked quality against Darlo but has been a disgrace in the last 2 games.

not against Leeds he wasn't. He never stopped running in the first half, looked by far our biggest threat

biggest threat??  how many shots? how many crosses did he put over? how many through balls did he play?  i would run all day if i was playing for NUFC, i wouldn't be any good to the team though.

It would however mean you're interested, and you just accused him of not being

It would however mean you're interested, and you just accused him of not being

i would be interested if i was selected for Saturday and can confidently say i would run myself into the ground and sweat blood for the cause....something i don't think Jonas will/would do.

Guest michaelfoster
Kazenga wants to play for us and is hungry Jonas doesn't and isn't.

Kevin Nolan is always hungry

My evil Geordie associate who attended most pre-season games is of the opinion that Kazenga has been one of our better performers alongside Barton. Fair enough, I personally haven't seen much of Lua Lua, but I don't think we have anything to lose if we play him. He's an attacker and as such, chances are he won't cost us goals. He'll certainly be more of an attacking threat than Duff and Nolan. And with a static Andy Carroll upfront we'll be desperate for somebody with pace

Jonas is a fringe Argentina international going into a World Cup year. Of course he won't want to play for us. He's probably absolutely desperate for a move.

We're just asking for trouble if we don't get rid tbh. I'd be honestly surprised if he's still here by September 1st.

On the other hand, keep him and we'll have a pretty decent player desperate to leave in January who'll be wanting to play well to get a move so he can keep his World Cup place.

On the other hand, keep him and we'll have a pretty decent player desperate to leave in January who'll be wanting to play well to get a move so he can keep his World Cup place.

Alternatively, he could end up stirring up shit and going on strike like Bassong. Pleasantly surprised that he hasn't done so already to be honest.

Jonas doesn't look interested to me in the games I've been to (Darlo, Leeds and Dundee United). There was flashes against Darlo, but that's about it. If anyones busting a gut to get moving down the left its Enrique who I think will be quality if we don't get rid before the end of the month.

Alternatively, he could end up stirring up shit and going on strike like Bassong. Pleasantly surprised that he hasn't done so already to be honest.

For that to happen there'd need to be a club willing to buy him. While the interest in Bassong is clear I haven't heard much about Jonas, so what is there for him to be in a strop about?

HAs anyone ever went into the first game of the season so confused?

Nope... In fact, it's the first time I've been to an opening game.

HAs anyone ever went into the first game of the season so confused?

Haha, exactly. I'm excited to see it really, anything could happen. There's still the possibility of Ranger scoring a last minute winner and causing this board to explode.

7 subs in the Championship as well?

----------------------------Harper-----------------------

R.Taylor--------Beye--------------S.Taylor--------Enrique

Jonas-----------Barton-----------Guthrie----------Duff

------------------Ameobi----------Carroll--------------

Krul, Coloccini, Kadar, Nolan, Lua Lua, Vuckic, Ranger

We going to find out a fair bit about Nile Ranger in the coming months, prepare for dissapointment

Goodness me, its starting to seem to me like you have a vendetta against every single member of the youth team, in addition to all the other vendettas you've got. Did they spoil a night out you had once or something :lol:

We going to find out a fair bit about Nile Ranger in the coming months, prepare for dissapointment

Goodness me, its starting to seem to me like you have a vendetta against every single member of the youth team, in addition to all the other vendettas you've got. Did they spoil a night out you had once or something :lol:

Which other vendettas? I'm just saying, if we start to expect Nile Ranger to keep us up, we'll more than likely end up dissapointed