WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

Guest firetotheworks

This might sound daft, but a draw or defeat could actually be more rewarding in the long run than a win. I get the feeling that if we won the players would think that we can walk this season and then we'd fuck up. Its the attitude that we had for too long in the Premier League.

I think a good start would be best myself. This group of players doesnt at any time react well to being beaten, any "oh well now we know what we have to do" is a load of bollocks for me. When they lose they lose self belief & expect to get beaten. Thats why they fell apart so easily in the prem, they didnt actually expect to get back into it half the time. So i dont for a second believe theyre actually overly confident.

They should specifically believe that they are better than every other side in this league. They need to play with that mentality.

Looking forward to the game now.

Guest Roger Kint

still hasnt quite sunk in that we're playing in the championship tomorrow.   its gonna be a real reality check.   :facepalm:   

it's gonna be like car crash tv on the bbc,  you know its gonna be gruesome but you cant help but watch it.

The reality check is for another week, we are playing WBA today, they were Premier League last year too, they shouldnt be treating this any different........well aside from actually trying this time round ;D

Guest Roger Kint

Well my bets for the day are....

Draw

We win 2-1

So neither of those will happen.. therefore I think we'll lose. :no:

Steven Taylor to score anytime 7-1  :pow:

Guest helios_centric

I think we'll do the usual 'false dawn' thing and win today. Someone will then come out and say "see we aren't so bad, everything is gonna be okay." Then of course we will lose the next three on the bounce and be in even more turmoil as the window closes.

I wonder what position we will be in by kick-off?

Quick sweepstake time; I'll go with 18th.

Not that I know that's actually possible. :lol:

Actually, thinking about it there's only a certain number of positions we can be in. We can't be higher than 13th, and can't be last, for example.

I'm just having this rather boring conversation with myself.

Get beat 3-1 today me thinks.

Can only hope the two clowns they had at centre half last season will be playing and in similar form.

No pace at all in our team still, which just like last season will make us quite easy to defend against.

Christ. It's just hit me, watching SSN. We're playing Peterbrough this year, fighting for promotion and play off places, playing with a demotivated, wafer thin squad.

Shit man :( welcome back to reality!

Christ. It's just hit me, watching SSN. We're playing Peterbrough this year, fighting for promotion and play off places, playing with a demotivated, wafer thin squad.

Shit man :( welcome back to reality!

Oh come man man it's exciting it, if it was easy it would be borring, where;s the fun it that?

SSN had team news on before:

"Butt and Guthrie injured; Owen, Martins, Viduka and Bassong have left the club."

Great team news that like, so I take it Owen and Martins etc. won't be able to play?  :lol:

SSN had team news on before:

"Butt and Guthrie injured; Owen, Martins, Viduka and Bassong have left the club."

Great team news that like, so I take it Owen and Martins etc. won't be able to play?  :lol:

:lol:

I honestly cannot believe we have a match tomorrow. May as well get ready for what will be an insane 9 months or so. Honestly, can't believe that holidays are coming to an end. Went too fast this year.

Too fast? You must be kidding. I couldn't take anymore of this rubbish. Delighted the on-field stuff is starting again.

For once i agree with Mowen, it's better this just begins and get on with the season, all this takeover talk has pretty much messed up my mind.

Howay!

New best internet friends!