Joe Kinnear (old thread)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Is the BBC talk tonight ticket only or can anyone turn up? I can imagine it is going to get quite messy.

Ticket only.  They were inviting people to apply for the limited number of tickets on the radio last week.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Here is the inside news.

Ashley is going to stay for one more season and we are NOT going into administatrion.

David O'Leary will be announced as manager on Friday.

BOO

I think he really believes Kinnear is awesome, can imagine JFK bigging himself up with his "wouldnt have been relegated if I was in charge" form facts.

Tbh at the risk of being slated, I think we would have, think we would have got an extra point

I agree, but I'd prefer what happened. It would be prolonging the inevitable if he kept us up and got himself a 3 year deal or something

I too think we would have got the extra point but only because we would not have had that period of drifting for several weeks under Hughton.

He was probably sounded out about his willingness to take on the job if Ashley isn't able to sell. That's all.

The bloke gets more stick than he deserves, but he does have this habit of trying to make himself out to be more important and more in the know than he really is.

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!

Absolutely sick of all this now.

I don't know who had the supposedly crazy theory that MA was trying to run the club into the ground, but I think I'm buying it 100% now.

Amazing the amount of people who said they didn't believe a word Kinnear said six or seven months ago who now seem to believe every word he says. :dontknow:

I thin its the fact that no one knows whats going on and any little bit of info gets jumped on, when we see things like this is just winds people up even more.  We know some of the bullshit that has come from JK but given the other side of ashley and llambias we also know what they are like.

If its CACK of the highest order then NUFC should come out and challange joe for being a kidder.

He may have been sounded out about his willingness to take on the job if Ashley isn't able to sell.

Seems this has all been another stalling tactic to avoid appointing Shearer because they didn't like his demands when they met with him after the season.

It appears they want to try and get back up with largely the same squad of players and a manager who is as of yet to be revealed.

Considering Harris' claims that Martins was sold because he didn't fit the Championship style and two are expected in, I would say the manager is already at work.

With our rotten luck it will be O'Leary.

He may have been sounded out about his willingness to take on the job if Ashley isn't able to sell.

Seems this has all been another stalling tactic to avoid appointing Shearer because they didn't like his demands when they met with him after the season.

It appears they want to try and get back up with largely the same squad of players and a manager who is as of yet to be revealed.

Considering Harris' claims that Martins was sold because he didn't fit the Championship style and two are expected in, I would say the manager is already at work.

Really don't see why that would be so bad given our situation. He's not that bad

Guest The Libertine

Really don't see why that would be so bad given our situation. He's not that bad

the villa players released a statement saying how shit he was and they wanted him out. that doesnt happen every day.

for those that didnt see the quote

Kinnear makes Magpies claim

Joe Kinnear claims he has been offered a two-year contract by Mike Ashley to resume his role as Newcastle manager.

Kinnear said the offer was put to him two weeks ago but he told the club's owner he would not be able to return to work for at least three months.

He told Five Live: "It is something I am mulling over. In the meantime if Newcastle feel the need to go and get another manager then so be it."

the villa players released a statement saying how shit he was and they wanted him out. that doesnt happen every day.

What positions did he finish in? I really don't think we can afford to be picky atm, he's got a decent track record n seeing as we could end up with Kinnear or worse if its out there, we'd have to take him.

Amazing the amount of people who said they didn't believe a word Kinnear said six or seven months ago who now seem to believe every word he says. :dontknow:

I thin its the fact that no one knows whats going on and any little bit of info gets jumped on, when we see things like this is just winds people up even more.  We know some of the bullshit that has come from JK but given the other side of ashley and llambias we also know what they are like.

If its CACK of the highest order then NUFC should come out and challange joe for being a kidder.

Nah. It's ludicrous that people get wound up by every little thing, be it rumour, press hearsay, or gobshite come and get me pleas like Kinnears, but I can't see how opening themselves to a slanging match in the press helps the club or the smoothness of any potential sale at all, or make any difference to most peoples views of them on here anyway tbh.

Anyone think Ashley is doing this on purpose?

He must be - thats the only logical explanation because nobody can be as stupid as he has been with regards to decision making, communication, support etc etc

I just pray someone out there takes pity on us and buys us - then i pray Ashley loses all his money and then has to spend the rest of his life selling Big Issues

Also there is no chance Ashley will sue Joe Kinnear over this because we all know that JFK is going to be manager if we are not sold - no decent manager would touch this job just like last time when even the likes of Venables didnt want it

He only didn't want the length of the contract iirc

This fumed me when I seen this today. If it is true that he offdered him a contract then that obviously means Ashley is giving up hope of selling. Shearer must have said some things he really didn't want to hear back in May for him to resort to this.