What would YOU be like as Newcastle owner?

James

Be honest here, just because you don't like something Ashley/Shepherd has done, doesn't mean you wouldn't do it if you had the power.

1) How much money would you need to have in the bank before you were willing to buy the club in the first place? (assume club can be purchased for £100m)

2) Who do you appoint as manager?

3) Do you take a hands on approach with the clubs operations, or do you appoint a chief executive?

4) Do you appoint a director of football?

5) How much money per season on transfers?

6) Who controls how transfer budget is spent?

7) Do losses (excluding transfer fees) come out of the transfer budget or out of your wallet?

8) What is your overall business plan?

9) Would you ever intervene on any issue? Where do you draw the line on intervention?

10) Where do you sit on match days?

11) Would you maintain a high or low-profile?

12) How do you respond to the press?

13) How would you make future managerial decisions?

14) Would there be fan representation on the board?

15) Anything else you'd do?

1) How much money would you need to have in the bank before you were willing to buy the club in the first place? (assume club can be purchased for £100m)

£80 Million if i was backed by a billionaire consortium. £1.8 billion on my tod.

I would try all i could to get Guus Hiddink to the club. Money speaks, look at SGE.

3) Do you take a hands on approach with the clubs operations, or do you appoint a chief executive?

Yes, but have advice from someone who knows his stuff

No

£20 million to get out of championship. Blank cheque after that.

Me

7) Do losses (excluding transfer fees) come out of the transfer budget or out of your wallet?

My wallet. If i had that much money i wouldnt mind as long as it didnt effect the well being of my family.

Money at first, World class academy then, and stabilise with the odd big signing.

9) Would you ever intervene on any issue? Where do you draw the line on intervention?

Yes , i f***ing own the club.

Where a owner should, in the directors box with my Newcastle Scarf.

Depends on what its like.

No comment.

Look on here to see what people think and mix it up with my knowledge and people in the game and make a decision.

Yeh, me and my Dad. (and Dave)

Design the strips and have a charity as a sponsor . Make the stadium P.A system better . Make the stadium have a glass roof all the way round. Also open the stadium early with pub prices for drink, will create a great atmosphere. Pay for season ticket holders travel to away games.

Guest Heneage

Be honest here, just because you don't like something Ashley/Shepherd has done, doesn't mean you wouldn't do it if you had the power.

At least 6-800 million

Alan Curbishley which would probably go nowhere so;

Alan Shearer with John Carver, Rob Lee, and Gary Speed assisting.

Hands on, it's my money at the end of the day, direct communication so that no mixed signals.

I do, but purely in a scout basis with him reporting to the manager and along with myself we discuss all potential targets together and assess the reasons behind signings and how best to improve an average playing staff.

As for who to appoint, let's be nuts and say Guss Hiddink seeing as there's no one like Sir Bobby Robson around who would have been perfect had he been a few years younger.

This season £10m if promoted £25m if not £7.5 and anything generated from player sales. With 2.5-4m going to the DOF to bring in new young talent for our Academy.

A joint decision, the manager and DOF suggest players we discuss if the player would work and why he might, the Manager is given some freedom but not 110% say over who he spunks the money on.

50% of me and the budget.

Ostensibly a 3 year plan for the first team, securing promotion, staying up, securing league status in the top flight. Looking to bring in a mix of players both young and more mature, look at signing those coming into their prime or with potential to develop, NO top four cast off's or rejects such as Smith and Duff, young players with potential such as Guthrie or Darron Gibson would be considered.

Meanwhile the DOF looks at working to increase the academy a long with a team of 5 scouts based in differing parts of the world. Work on feeder clubs to send these players out for experience and getting them ready to come into the first team in a Carling Cup capacity. Build more local links with Darlington and Hartlepool so some players can stay local in aid of their development.

Then look at bringing those in the reserves to mix with the first team and learn from them, build a much closer knit family mentality at the club than has been before, players work and learn together.

Intervention is what separates boss and employee, communication is the key. The plan would be fully explained to all those intending to work for the football club, such as Shearer and Carver, they should be made to understand this and help to achieve it. My role would be as a mediator and middle man should their be player disagreements etc.

In the box with a suit and open collard shirt on, no alcohol on match days for myself, as this is a business.

Low profile, none of this Sky Sports News interview crap and sat with the manager like we are bestest friends. My role is to maintain the football club, not to become a media darling.

In a professional manner, and only when needed. Attend press conferences for new signings/managers but let them do the speaking for themselves, have lengthy discussions with them prior to PC to discuss my feelings on the club and where we intend to go so there is no confusion about what is expected.

It would depend entirely on the state of the club and who was available. Hopefully Shearer would be there for the full 5 year plan by at which point we would hope to be looking towards Europe with a new and fresh batch of academy prospects coming in. No one direct policy of youth or experience, managers are looked at on their merits and what they bring to the club and ability of achieving the clubs goals.

there would be consideration for the fans with 5% allocation of shares but by no means held to ransom, communicating would come through meetings not barbaric protests on the steps. The clubs fans would be kept informed on the clubs matters to a degree and be assured all decisions are taken with the clubs best interests.

Other than that not really, with the game become more about money it's important to secure the future early, work on getting good young coaches with enthusiasm involved to help mature these players with the main goal to be first team participation. More Charity events for the likes of Sir Bobbys charity etc to build the community spirit amongst fans and the club, as well as more gigs to increase the clubs stature. Build links in Asia and America by playing friendlies abroad and looking to take local players on trial and work with the clubs academy.

Guest Heneage

The mans ideas were sound his application was just poor. With me at the helm we'd all be fine, as I wouldnt get pissed in the stands and would get a DOF With pedigree in. You forget this man has got us Ranger and Vukic two very exciting prospects.

Or are you just saying that cos I'm fat?

The mans ideas were sound his application was just poor. With me at the helm we'd all be fine, as I wouldnt get pissed in the stands and would get a DOF With pedigree in. You forget this man has got us Ranger and Vukic two very exciting prospects.

Oh that makes relegation alright then. :lol: ;)

I still reckon a DoF system can work in this country. It's always gonna be on a knife-edge, though. I'd rather have the manager appoint/select the DoF, rather than pluck two people out the air and throw them into a crucible. Like Ashley did.

Ranger makes everything alright.

Approx £750m

Shearer

Appoint Chief Exec

No

30m

Manager

My wallet

Get Newcastle back into the Premier League and challenging for silverware both in domestic and european competition

Only in board matters. The line is drawn at tactics, team selection and handling of players.

Directors box.

Low 95% of the time. High when fans need to know what is happening at the club if there is a pressing concern.

Fairly positively.

With the consulation of board members, and supporters trust.

See above

Try and extend East Stand and Gallowgate end.

Guest Heneage

Every cloud Sir.

I've said numerous times his flaw was over estimating the playing staff.

£300M

Alan Shearer, if that fails the ghost of Shearer is gone and someone else can be appointed without him waiting in the wings. I'd go for an up and coming young and hungry manager.

As I'd have no idea what to do, I'd appoint someone who'd have an idea.

No.

If I took over the club with just £300M, I'd say around £40M.

Manager, with me veto-ing idiotic transfer spending should such an event happen.

Depends.

Invest in youth.

I'd intervene where it'd be necessary since I'd not be a billionare.

Director's Box at away matches. Hopefully manage to be with fans at home.

Low-profile.

I'd talk through PR people.

Based on merit.

No. Their views would be taken into account though,

Make the team do tours abroad in pre-season, money is the future, and more foreign "fans" would mean more money in the pit. Look at Manchester United for example, which ten years ago claimed to have 10m Foreign Fans, in 2009 they claim to have 300m.

Every cloud Sir.

There were many, many flaws. Some of which you seem keen to replicate in your post above.

Your manager is given 'some freedom' over transfers? ???

I think I'd need £500m, £50m of which is kept in my own bank account and never goes near NUFC.

I'd talk to the players first, talk to them about their thoughts on last season and suchlike, if I sense good respect for Shearer, that will get the all clear from me.

I'd find a chief executive, but he wouldn't have any say on any footballing matters whatsoever.

Yes, but his job description will be very specific and binding. The manager shall have the right to pick an assistant manager and spend the majority of the transfer budget as he chooses. The director of football shall be given his own smaller transfer budget which can only be spent on players U21, and make the employment decisions on every single coach  and scout bar the assistant and the manager. He'll also be expected to advise the manager and scout any player the manager tells him to.

First season, £20m plus sales for the manager, £10m for the DOF. After promotion, it will vary year by year, but I'd say an initial £50m and decreasing over time, with the DOF given

The annual transfer budgets can go into accounts that only the manager can have access too. Similarly for the DOFs transfer budget. The hope would be that if one needs more and one needs less they'd be able to cooperate and transfer the money from one account to the other. The manager might also be able to persuade me to provide a top-up, but only for a player that met my approval.

To start with out of my wallet, but when I get down to my last £100m its going to have to come out of the transfer budget too.

Find youngsters, buy them cheap, flog them for more and find someone better. Ultimately invest in a good mix of youth and experience, but keep the team fresh and full of talent. Sell the club when the money starts to run out, leave on a high with the club in a much better state than as found.

Not on a day to day basis, but I'd be questioning managers decisions in private, make him accountable for his actions. Also say things like: you've got a £20m transfer budget, unless you want to sign Messi, in which case you've got £70m

Directors box.

High profile. I want all the love and attention.

On the first day, I have Louise Taylor and everyone else who has given us supporters incredible shit over the years forcibly removed from the stadium, and their employers told that if they want to come back, bring someone else. After that, be cordial, but give George Caulkin the exclusives, but try to leave transfer stuff u to the managers discretion.

I'd like to get the board involved, but essentially if the club is in danger, or fails to meet a target two days in a row, or the board vote no confidence, he's gone.

My board would be quite interesting. Yes there will be fans on the board, but not NUSC. Season ticket holders can apply to lead an Official Supporters Club, and Supporters club Members get to vote every year or so, and the two highest voted for can get on the board. They would be accompanied by myself, the chief executive, the DOF, the manager, and the longest serving player.

Name the academy the Sir Bobby Robson academy. Also put a large framed photo of Sir Bobby opposite the managers desk, and insist it stays there. Also get some massive banners done up, get the stewards to give them out and collect them back again each game.

Guest Heneage

Every cloud Sir.

There were many, many flaws. Some of which you seem keen to replicate in your post above.

Your manager is given 'some freedom' over transfers? ???

He just has to justify players to the club. Gone are the days of just signing Smith and Duff because "They were good in 2004". Much tighter wage structure too, a player is given a status in the club and then gets a wage between X and Y.