Sebastien Bassong signs for Tottenham Hotspur, fee undisclosed

Crumpy Gunt

Thanks for absolutely nothing Seb.

What about bringing in 16 times the fee we paid and being our best player for the whole season?

Or did you expect us to keep him? ..Nothing like being bitter though.

Good luck to the lad, i don't mind that it's Spurs either, he will get a lot of first team appearances in a team that was performing very well indeed at the close of the season.

Gurantee there's a sell on clause with Metz, or are you only bothered about making profits? Why couldn't we keep him sorry he's on like 5k a week. One of the few I thought we would, but hey nothing like being optimistic.

The lad was the first one wanting out, when he'd been far from perfect. Showed all the loyalty and class I'd expect.

Loyalty?! he was here a year, he had 4 managers, his team mates were on 10 times as much as him and they gave up half-way through the year.  When he was negotiating a new contract talks halted or ground to a close IIRC and he should be playing in the Premier League.  He has ambitions, and didn't want to be at a club which is frankly a joke at the minute.

Completely understandable.

I also do care about the fee, anything that helps keep the club running in these times can only be a good thing.

What about loyalty to the fans that have shown him nothing but support? He's hardly been the perfect defender, or are we ignoring the 2-3 red cards he picked up? The irony being it was his poor positioning that cost us the goal away to Tottenham.

I'm sorry but you can't ask a player to be loyal to a club with an owner who wants out and no manager, not to mention the fact that no steps have been taken to improve on the team over the summer and no one has a clue what is going on at the club.

If Shearer was installed right at the end of the season and everything was relatively normal, I bet Bassong would have been more than happy to stay actually.

What about bringing in 16 times the fee we paid and being our best player for the whole season?

Good luck to the lad, i don't mind that it's Spurs either, he will get a lot of first team appearances in a team that was performing very well indeed at the close of the season.

Gurantee there's a sell on clause with Metz, or are you only bothered about making profits? Why couldn't we keep him sorry he's on like 5k a week. One of the few I thought we would, but hey nothing like being optimistic.

The lad was the first one wanting out, when he'd been far from perfect. Showed all the loyalty and class I'd expect.

Loyalty?! he was here a year, he had 4 managers, his team mates were on 10 times as much as him and they gave up half-way through the year.  When he was negotiating a new contract talks halted or ground to a close IIRC and he should be playing in the Premier League.  He has ambitions, and didn't want to be at a club which is frankly a joke at the minute.

I also do care about the fee, anything that helps keep the club running in these times can only be a good thing.

What about loyalty to the fans that have shown him nothing but support? He's hardly been the perfect defender, or are we ignoring the 2-3 red cards he picked up? The irony being it was his poor positioning that cost us the goal away to Tottenham.

I overlook those because i saw a player who played out of his skin and was our best performer.  He started the season as a good prospect, no one seriously expected anything of him this year.  Or do you ignore that?

He had a few bad games, he is 23 in his maiden season in the Premier League.. why do you expect a 'perfect' defender?  I honestly believe Vidic or Ferdinand couldn't of done a lot better in our circumstances.

Stop going on about loyalty, he was here less than a year...  He owed Metz a lot more than us, he is not from this part of the world and bigger clubs are interested in him - who will offer him more than 5k.

Guest Heneage

I overlook those because i saw a player who played out of his skin and was our best performer.  He started the season as a good prospect, no one seriously expected anything of him this year.  Or do you ignore that?

He had a few bad games, he is 23 in his maiden season in the Premier League.. why do you expect a 'perfect' defender?  I honestly believe Vidic or Ferdinand couldn't of done a lot better in our circumstances.

Stop going on about loyalty, he was here less than a year...  He owed Metz a lot more than us, he is not from this part of the world and bigger clubs are interested in him - who will offer him more than 5k.

You're one of these people that don't blame the players for wanting to leave aren't you?

You're one of these people that don't blame the players for wanting to leave aren't you?

The ones that have done nothing wrong ie: Bassong, Beye, Martins yee i don't blame them, they can further their careers elsewhere.  The Nolans, Collocini's, Butt's' of the world it's a different story, i blame their very poor performances for being were we are now.

So what exactly do you blame Bassong for out of curiosity? for his 3 red cards? poor positional sense against Spurs?  Not being the perfect defender at 23?  or are you just stupidly bitter?

Guest toonlass

The ones that have done nothing wrong ie: Bassong, Beye, Martins yee i don't blame them, they can further their careers elsewhere.  The Nolans, Collocini's, Butt's' of the world it's a different story, i blame their very poor performances for being were we are now.

So what exactly do you blame Bassong for out of curiosity? for his 3 red cards? poor positional sense against Spurs?  Not being the perfect defender at 23?  or are you just stupidly bitter?

You blame Nolan???

FFS the lad was brought in in the January window, and started 10 games. A bit harsh to blame him for our relegation when the likes of Guttierez, Duff et al had longer at being shite for us.

You blame Nolan???

FFS the lad was brought in in the January window, and started 10 games. A bit harsh to blame him for our relegation when the likes of Guttierez, Duff et al had longer at being s**** for us.

It was more that type of player, on huge wages but wanting to stick around in no hurry to leave.

This must be one of the most profitable transfer in history after just one season

Nicolas Anelka, £500k - £23m.

Boumsong £0, £8.5m 5 months later.

Almost makes up for the 15 trillion we lost out on Michael Owen.

Guest Geordiecunny

You blame Nolan???

FFS the lad was brought in in the January window, and started 10 games. A bit harsh to blame him for our relegation when the likes of Guttierez, Duff et al had longer at being shite for us.

Played awfully when it really mattered though. I won't ever forgive those who played at Villa and didn't give everything after we went a goal down.

This must be one of the most profitable transfer in history after just one season

We were the mugs that paid the 8.5m!

Sorry, meant the Bassong deal.

Yes. To Rangers. Rangers the favourite club of Graeme Souness. Graeme Sonuess the man who paid aforementioned Rangers FC over £8m for an unproven centre-half. ??? Not that there was anything suspiscious about it, like. I mean, it's not like the Fraud Squad ever got involved in it or anything like that. Oh...

Guest toonlass

Yes. To Rangers. Rangers the favourite club of Graeme Souness. Graeme Sonuess the man who paid aforementioned Rangers FC over £8m for an unproven centre-half. ??? Not that there was anything suspiscious about it, like. I mean, it's not like the Fraud Squad ever got involved in it or anything like that. Oh...

The same Graeme Souness who had shares in Rangers at the time?  Ooops I shouldn't have said that.

Bassong, you were the one guy on the squad I did not want to see go, rightly so, the club didn't appoint Shearer, you p*ssed off and are now officially p*ssin off.  But of all teams, you had to go to the Spurs? Yuck.

The same Graeme Souness who had shares in Rangers at the time?  Ooops I shouldn't have said that.

Really... c***

£8mill ??? we knocked back £10mill and sell him for less ?

hope the little cunt breaks a leg like sorry I know thats shit but little bastard, we gave him his shot and he go's on the way he has!

Hope he was a 1 season wonder, if we get them in a cup games up here he will get boo'd to death like.

Calm down and type properly.

:lol:

Fixed :D

I am just mega pised, mind I guess players like him we can do without but its the fee that has boiled my piss.

It's a bit early to be turning to drink Skirge.

Calm down and type properly.

:lol:

Fixed :D

I am just mega pised, mind I guess players like him we can do without but its the fee that has boiled my piss.

It's a bit early to be turning to drink Skirge.

Tell me about it, and I don't even drink