Sebastien Bassong signs for Tottenham Hotspur, fee undisclosed

Crumpy Gunt

How much we got of the wage bill now then?

Owen - £105,000

Viduka - £70,000?

Cacapa - £30,000?

Edgar - £10,000?

Martins - £65,000?

Bassong - £6,000

Beye - £50,000?

Obviously only speculating from what we read in the papers but its got to be £300,000 at least.

The thing with that is, we knew £200k of that was going off the wage bill anyway with Owen, Viduka & Cacapa out of contract.

£12m for somebody with one season's experience in the PL, great business.

£12M?

The Times reckons it's £8m up front, rising to £12m.

We'll never get that extra £4m like, unless it's based on Spurs going for top four but ultimately being rubbish.

That'll do!

Very much doubt we'll see the full £12m like. The £8m upfront will please Barclays but we're now short. I can totally understand the need to bring in a bit of cash and slash the wage bill but we do need to start bringing a few bodies in asap. The squad was thin before, it's fucking anorexic now.  :undecided:

Guest Heneage

I tell you what Midds, watch us get lots of loans, and include the better reserves in, Baheng, Kadar, Lua Lua,and  Vukic all be playing this year.

I tell you what Midds, watch us get lots of loans, and include the better reserves in, Baheng, Kadar, Lua Lua,and  Vukic all be playing this year.

We'll only get loans if we have a proper manager in and show some stability, though. Who would want to loan out a player to us right now? Typically you loan out players because you want them to develop. I think sending anyone to us would be a risk.

Guest Heneage

We'll only get loans if we have a proper manager in and show some stability, though. Who would want to loan out a player to us right now? Typically you loan out players because you want them to develop. I think sending anyone to us would be a risk.

I could see any one of;

Armand Traore

Darron Gibson

Corry Evans

Rodrigo Possebon

Coming to us, again those are just one's springing to mind.

Good signing for Spurs, with the right coaching and experience this guy could go all the way to the top. He's got everything to be a world class defender and I don't think that's kneejerk even after one season in the Premiership. Bassong is strong,fast and has good technical abilities for a center back, positioning can always be improved on but he's only young and that will come with time.

GREAT BUSINESS.

Meanwhile we start our Championship campaign on Saturday while Aston Villa and Wigan who we MUGGED for Milner and N'Zogbia will have to put up with the Premier League. Fucking losers.

They get upto £16mill for Bent of the SMB and we sell them Bassong for £8mill... fkn crazy shit

That is bullshit and Bassong is worth more than 8m,clearly, but the departure of Bassong was inevitable because of relegation which means the price dwindles as we need the money and also because he's already declared he wanted to leave. In terms of Darren Bent, how the fuck can you pay 16m which is completely over the top anyway by about 6m considering his performances at Charlton were good and then sell him for 14m after he does fuck all? It goes from one extreme of a terrible signing on a financial level to great business on the same level.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/bassongboundforthelane060809.html

LATEST NEWS

Bassong bound for The Lane

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Newcastle United for the transfer of Sebastien Bassong to the Club, following the player successfully completing a medical examination and agreeing personal terms.

The defender moved to St James' Park in July 2008 from Metz where he made 79 appearances in three seasons.

The 23-year-old played 34 times for Newcastle last season in his debut campaign in the Premier League.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6161/sebastienbassong240.jpg

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/bassongboundforthelane060809.html

LATEST NEWS

Bassong bound for The Lane

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Newcastle United for the transfer of Sebastien Bassong to the Club, following the player successfully completing a medical examination and agreeing personal terms.

The defender moved to St James' Park in July 2008 from Metz where he made 79 appearances in three seasons.

The 23-year-old played 34 times for Newcastle last season in his debut campaign in the Premier League.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6161/sebastienbassong240.jpg

He looks better in stripes like.