Who's gonna own up to this?

Guest Mantis

The leagues used to be like that anyway

Premier League

Division 1

Division 2

Division 3

So people naturally still call them that.

they were ,

1st

2nd.

3rd.

4th.

before 1992

The leagues used to be like that anyway

Premier League

Division 1

Division 2

Division 3

So people naturally still call them that.

they were ,

1st

2nd.

3rd.

4th.

before 1992

I know....

That's why people call them that as well.

Guest helios_centric

I blame whoever decided to piss about with the names of the leagues every few years. I'm not surprised people make mistakes (though it is quite amusing nevertheless).

I still consider that we are in the Second Division, because that is what it was called throughout most of my life. Mind you, I don't go round making banners or using the expression to anyone under 30 or so beause they just stare back like you're mad, but a few of my mates talk about 'the second division' and mean the Championship.

The whole concept of 'Premier' being somehow 'one better' than 'First' is very Spinal Tap and the amps that go up to 11 for one louder, if you ask me.

I blame whoever decided to piss about with the names of the leagues every few years. I'm not surprised people make mistakes (though it is quite amusing nevertheless).

I still consider that we are in the Second Division, because that is what it was called throughout most of my life. Mind you, I don't go round making banners or using the expression to anyone under 30 or so beause they just stare back like you're mad, but a few of my mates talk about 'the second division' and mean the Championship.

The whole concept of 'Premier' being somehow 'one better' than 'First' is very Spinal Tap and the amps that go up to 11 for one louder, if you ask me.

Agreed!  The only difference for me, is that I specifically refer to the 'Second Division' when talking to (what you call) the under-30s. Education is important, and they are never to old to 'learn'. They need to realise that the ponsy title "Championship" refers only to a bunch of VERY second rate (second division) teams.  That is all they are, nothing more.

(Woops . . . that is us now!)

Guest Phil K

Oh my God positivity and Newcastle in the same sentence.... Run for the hills

You are a classic case of "Can't see the wood for the trees"

It says DIV 1 !!!!! - The old THIRD division.

Thats a year away (unless Ashley f**** off)