The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/tottenham/article6996311.ece

Harry Redknapp left fuming as Sebastien Bassong is caught short at Anfield

Sebastien Bassong bore the brunt of Harry Redknapp's frustration at Anfield last night after the Tottenham Hotspur defender's introduction as a substitute was delayed because he had forgotten to put on his shorts.

A difficult night for Spurs was encapsulated with ten minutes of the match remaining, when Redknapp chose to bring Bassong on for Ledley King. However, Bassong was completely unprepared for his manager's call and spent the next two minutes frantically scrambling for his shorts and shin pads.

“I don’t know how you forget to put your shorts on,” Redknapp said. “I’m still trying to figure it out. I’ve not seen that before. It's a new one on me and you do wonder, don't you? I don't know whether someone has to do his bootlaces up as well."

As it happened Redknapp may wish he had left Bassong on the bench. Within ten minutes of his introduction the player had conceded a penalty by upending David Ngog, allowing Dirk Kuyt to score Liverpool's second goal from the spot.

tbf, Redknapp should get the brunt of the anger against him for continually playing Palacios 90 minutes.

Does this have any relevance to the article?

No, but I just find it hard for Redknapp to be able to be angry at someone else when he's so dumb.

Group D at the ACN was ridiculous. Cameroon, Gabon, and Zambia all finished on four points. Tunisia finished on three points. Every team in the group finished with a goal differential of 0. For some reason, Cameroon and Zambia go through. :lol: Feel bad for Gabon.

Anyway quarterfinals are set:

Angola-Ghana

Nigeria-Zambia

Egypt-Cameroon

CIV-Algeria

Should be brilliant. Potential for some amazing semifinals/finals and we have a rematch of the 2008 final (Egypt-Cameroon) in the quarters.

Group D at the ACN was ridiculous. Cameroon, Gabon, and Zambia all finished on four points. Tunisia finished on three points. Every team in the group finished with a goal differential of 0. For some reason, Cameroon and Zambia go through. :lol: Feel bad for Gabon.

Angola-Ghana

Nigeria-Zambia

Egypt-Cameroon

CIV-Algeria

Should be brilliant. Potential for some amazing semifinals/finals and we have a rematch of the 2008 final (Egypt-Cameroon) in the quarters.

Sounds like nothing's fixed there at all.  Probably why no one watches the ACoN.

Angola-Ghana

Nigeria-Zambia

Egypt-Cameroon

CIV-Algeria

Sounds like nothing's fixed there at all.  Probably why no one watches the ACoN.

??? Nothing was fixed. I don't see how anything about that would indicate something being fixed? Plenty of people watch as well.....

P      W    D      L      F      A      GD  PTS

1 Zambia 3 1 1 1 5 5 0 4

2 Cameroon 3 1 1 1 5 5 0 4

3 Gabon 3 1 1 1 2 2 0 4

4 Tunisia 3 0 3 0 3 3 0 3

When Zambia and Cameroon played, Cameroon won 3-2.

How are Zambia are top and not Cameroon?  Or have the beeb fucked that up?

P      W     D      L      F      A      GD   PTS

1 Zambia 3 1 1 1 5 5 0 4

2 Cameroon 3 1 1 1 5 5 0 4

3 Gabon 3 1 1 1 2 2 0 4

4 Tunisia 3 0 3 0 3 3 0 3

When Zambia and Cameroon played, Cameroon won 3-2.

How are Zambia are top and not Cameroon?  Or have the beeb fucked that up?

Doesn't work on head-to-head. Works...um... geographically.

" Zambia,  Cameroon and  Gabon each won 1 match and lost 1 match amongst each other. When removing all matches concerning Tunisia, all three teams have a goal differential of 0. Zambia scored and allowed 4 goals, Cameroon scored and allowed 3 goals, and Gabon scored and allowed 2 goals. So Zambia wins the group because of the number of goals scored in the matches between the teams concerned. "

According to Wikipedia.

" Zambia,  Cameroon and  Gabon each won 1 match and lost 1 match amongst each other. When removing all matches concerning Tunisia, all three teams have a goal differential of 0. Zambia scored and allowed 4 goals, Cameroon scored and allowed 3 goals, and Gabon scored and allowed 2 goals. So Zambia wins the group because of the number of goals scored in the matches between the teams concerned. "

According to Wikipedia.

cheers.  Was confused.

One thing I noticed about Preston's last corner, and I've no idea why everyone doesn't do it, is that they stood a player on the byline about halfway between the near post and the edge of the box towards the corner taker in front of Chelsea's first defender so in the event the corner was mishit, he could flick it on or play it back to the corner taker.