The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Heneage

SSN's piece of Burnley there has made me realise just exactly how s*** Laws is... 7 points from 48. :lol:

I think everyone outside of the Burnley boardroom saw that kind of return coming.

Said before, how many managers get sacked and actually go up a level. It's crazy.

A lot of the time, Gerrard looks impressive purely because of the shite around him. And this season it's started to bring him down, IMO. Lamps > Gerrard, regardless.

i'd agree with that, lampard brings more to a side imo

Jogi Löw at the Chelsea - Stoke match. Good reason to watch a Premier League match for free - he had 2 german players to watch  :lol:

How did Huth and Ballack do for those who watched the match?

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/98658630.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F51C3CD46AF259C2F2B6034038714E2F5C855DC78315774F71

Lampard, man. 20 league goals. :smitten:

It helps with 9 league penalties O0

Someones got to take them. Considering he didn't start the season too well he's done great.

An in form Gerrard is probably one of the most dangerous midfielders around, but with Lampard you get an incredible, unrivalled consistency at the top level (apart from the occassional short blip).

Lampard, man. 20 league goals. :smitten:

It helps with 9 league penalties O0

A goal is a goal.

It is, but ultimately if you're using that stat to try and prove how good a player is in general, penalties definitely have less worth than other goals.

I enjoy watching Lampard more than Gerrard. Even in his pomp, the latter always struck me as never having truly great ball control and distribution; it was his towering surges that metaphorically and literally pushed Liverpool forward, dragging them out of the shitter. Lampard is more composed. He reminds me of Xavi in that he's such an intelligent player and knows exactly when to pick a pass instantly, or keep possession and bide some time.

That's not to say he doesn't make some brilliantly timed runs forward because he's one of the best in the business at that, as well.