The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest antz1uk

Anyone think Blackpool could be a great team to send some of our younger squad members? Gain premier league experience

milito has more the sheringham about him than shearer, maturing with age and having the first yard in his head. its amazing what sheringham won in his 30's and milito could do so as well.

Or Nicky Butt. I'm sure his experience would be invaluable to them....

Wouldn't be shocked at all to see him go there actually.

Gone to Preston hasn't he?

be good for him imo and maybe holloway will have him on as player/coach.

be good for him imo and maybe holloway will have him on as player/coach.

At least what's left of his hair would match with his shirt if he did.

Milito and Shearer are like chalk and cheese.

Obviously you think Milito to be the better player. ;)

Of course.

EDIT: I don't at all, for those getting angry. In fact, i'm not a massive fan of Milito. He'll never have another season like this one and never has before.

Of course.

EDIT: I don't at all, for those getting angry. In fact, i'm not a massive fan of Milito. He'll never have another season like this one and never has before.

I don't know if you mean trophy-wise, but Milito has been averaging 1 in 2 for quite a while, both in the Spanish and Italian leagues... I won't put him in the same bracket as Shearer of course, but he's a very good player.

Real Madrid target apparently, but they are linking half of Inter's squad to them so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Of course.

Eh? He's had numerous good seasons. 152 goals in 274 games, with no season seeing him struggle to hit the back of the net. Also can't see any reason why he couldn't have another good season or 2.

In terms of stature, no, I don't think he'll get any higher. Decisive goals to win all 3 trophies is pretty unbeatable.

For whom? He hasn't had a previous season in which he's proved himself at top level. He has now of course.

Well it seems a bit of a salient point if you say he hasn't had a season like this one in terms of being at a top team, since this has been his first season that fits that description.  :lol:

All I'm saying is your statement was implying he's only suddenly had a great goalscoring season, when in fact for Genoa and Zaragoza he's been a consistent goalscorer. Perhaps prolific in some eyes. Either way, it's a shame he's only just had a chance with a top team.

He's been consistently delivering the goods for years and performing against class opposition (I fondly remember his 4 goal barrage against Real Madrid a few years ago, scored against us in his Zaragoza days too), not his fault that big clubs overlooked him until Inter this season.

He came to Europe relatively late in his career, granted, but I'm surprised it took him this long to be snapped up by an elite club, since as I say, it's not as if he's only just started scoring heavily in the past couple of years.

Fucking hell, Sant Andreu missed promotion to Segunda A on penalties, 9-8. I'm so pissed off.  :angry:

First time I follow a game by furiously reloading a forum, we need better coverage, can't believe i can't get live scores or commentary for the promotion to our second tier.

I can't help but feel great for Blackpool right now. What a story.

I'm sure my admiration for them will abate significantly when they inevitably manage to take 4 points off us next season :lol:

I'm so happy they kept the prem English. Well done Blackpool.  :clap:

Guest kingdawson

Of course.

I don't know if you mean trophy-wise, but Milito has been averaging 1 in 2 for quite a while, both in the Spanish and Italian leagues... I won't put him in the same bracket as Shearer of course, but he's a very good player.

Real Madrid target apparently, but they are linking half of Inter's squad to them so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

He was a straight beast at Zaragoza. That was when i wanted us to put a bid in for him.