The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Incidentally, how "German" was actually that Bayern side to begin with? Van Bommel, Sneijder, Olic, Demichelis, Ribery, Buyten, Altintop, Prajnic...

How English would Arsenal have been?

Not a dig on Bayern, they do what almost all big clubs do. Just thought that SAF dissing them as "Typical German" when more than half the side isn't German to begin with, and with a Dutch manager, was pretty funny.

Guest neesy111

Incidentally, how "German" was actually that Bayern side to begin with? Van Bommel, Sneijder, Olic, Demichelis, Ribery, Buyten, Altintop, Prajnic...

Not a dig on Bayern, they do what almost all big clubs do. Just thought that SAF dissing them as "Typical German" when more than half the side isn't German to begin with, and with a Dutch manager, was pretty funny.

i think most ppl found it funny as well :lol:

I seem to remember alot of people spouting the 'Typical Italian' line when Inter sent Chelsea crashing, despite Materazzi being the only Italian player on the pitch, and he came on in stoppage time.

Come on Fulham.

Lasted longer in Europe than we did in the championship tbf   :cheesy:

And Benfica. Would love Fulham to be the last English club left in europe this season. What odds would you have got on that in August?

Good god this is fabulous.

Was watching the game at the airport before getting my flight home last night, gave up in a huff and stopped watching when it went 3-0.

Spent 4 hours on a floor in London airport waiting for connecting flight, then finally arrive in the door 16 hours after beginning my journey home and go to have a cup of tea before fucking off to bed. Turn on the TV to see Ferguson whinging, the realisation that Man U were out sinking in is amazing.

SSN has been unwatchable today - Lou Macaroni being the pinnacle of the lot.  This channel has it's tongue so far up ManUre's arse it could lick it's earwax clean.

Surely Taggart has to be charged with bringing the game into disrepute for his 'typical Germans' quip.

I liked it when that German journalist was on earlier around about 11am - it was as though SSN were taken aback by him saying "well, err, Munich were the better side over the 2 legs."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

SSN has been unwatchable today - Lou Macaroni being the pinnacle of the lot.  This channel has it's tongue so far up ManUre's arse it could lick it's earwax clean.

Surely Taggart has to be charged with bringing the game into disrepute for his 'typical Germans' quip.

Lou Macari was unbearable the other week before they played Chelsea.

Him and Jason Cundy were having a 'debate' and he was acting like a 12yr old in a school yard argument. So much so, he managed to make Cundy seem like a reasoned & semi-intelligent individual.

Get off my telly and back to your chippy, you fat old tosser

Guest Heneage

It was also a Frenchman who complained. :lol:

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20100408/25/d9dccf562a465c8a3c1b7db5d187e079.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/11/6/1225983665158/Manchester-United-manager-001.jpg

But he has a point.

Yep, Howay Fulham n Benfica!

This, Fulham through and the bindippers out would be a beautiful end to a fantastic footballing week.  :bluestar:

via 2 3-2 home wins, please.

My Manc supporting friend told me today that "the away goals rule is stupid and should be done with", bless :)

I personally think that it spices up cup ties nicely, as it motivates the away side to get a goal in the first leg and not just park the bus and try to get the business done at home.

My Manc supporting friend told me today that "the away goals rule is stupid and should be done with", bless :)

I personally think that it spices up cup ties nicely, as it motivates the away side to get a goal in the first leg and not just park the bus and try to get the business done at home.

Indeed. I wonder how many times the mancs have benefited from the rule aswell  :rolleyes:

Exactly - as was seen many times before the Away Goals rule was brought in.

The only thing that should be changed is the counting of away goals when they go to extra periods of play.  Can;t remember the game/teams (some german vs spanish teams) but it was Europa Cup and game was tied at end of second game and tied on away goals.  They go to two extra period of time and both teams score once, but the away team then had the advantage and played negative the rest of the game. 

Away goals should count during regulation but after that in extra time it should have gone to a penalty shoot out.