The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Might have to hand the players an ultimatum. Give up their win bonus/final appearance fee or whatever, or don't play. I think most of the players would agree to it if it meant playing.

They have already agreed to not getting thier bonus apparently.

Not that it would matter.  Employee wages will rank lower than secured and most unsecured creditors, so even if they demanded payment, it is highly unlikely that they would recover all, if any, of what is owed.

They are protected as 'football creditors'.

On what basis?  They would rank pari pasu with the unsecured creditors, surely?  In any event, the players giving up the bonuses is a nice, but ultimately empty gesture - much like me saying "You know what, Greg, I'll let *you* have Katy Perry.  I won't take her."

On the basis of the rules set out by The Football Association.

HMRC challenged it but lost in the Court of Appeal.

Yeah but GG has a season ticket tho.

So do I.

Not for Watford, mind ;)

I can't get to all games, though (on account of football not being the most important thing in my life), so sometimes find myself watching home games on the internet and monging around on forums.

I don't like the whole "superfan" thing you find on football forums.

Guest kingdawson

Yeah but GG has a season ticket tho.

Cool. Just know that it doesn't get to me when people say it. I'll continue not going to games this season, i'll continue to post on "the other games today" thread when i'm on the laptop (Don't care if it's 20 minutes into the game, 40 mins into the game or 5 minutes after).

Just so you know Kingdawson - there are silent readers who positively enjoy your presence / posts.

Your biggest crime is being a loud Spurs supporter on a Newcastle forum.

You are entitled to your football opinions, I might agree / I might disagree, but keep posting.

Very much enjoyed catching up on this thread. What an absolute mug KingDawson is. "God another tiresome jibe about me not going to the match :rolleyes:" - there's a way you can avoid that, you cretin.

What's really frightening is he's not the most embarrassing Dawson that Spurs have in their ranks. That lad making it as a pro gives me hope. I wouldn't trust the thick c*** to scrape the f***ing bins out.

GG has posted during and after a game = nothing about him going to games.

The Everton lads have posted during and after a game = nothing about them going to games.

Ash has posted during and after a game = Nothing about him going to games.

Brummie has done the same thing also. All i ask for is exactly the same treatment as all the others get. This thread is title "The other games today" so no point getting hostile when i post about other games.

Don't rise to the bait mush. You're on the whole a knowledgable poster and I for one wish we had more fans of opposition teams post here.

What are your thoughts ahead of our game, brummie?

I would have strongly fancied us to go there and win, but we've had 2 poor results in our last 2 games which has taken a bit of momentum out. I think fitness could well come into it though, since we will have had 10 days off.

Guest kingdawson

Why dont you go to games btw KD? Just curious.

I went to about 4 home games at the Lane last season, and went to 2 this season. I simply can't afford it. I love Spurs but i've got to prioritise on other things for now.

Guest firetotheworks

I went to about 4 home games at the Lane last season, and went to 2 this season. I simply can't afford it. I love Spurs but i've got to prioritise on other things for now.

:thup:

Just out of interest, what are the prices like for home fans.

I've always wanted to go to WHL, but I've found prices are akin to Chelsea's and nearer to the £50 mark, which I think it's daft considering you're not a 'big 4' team.

What are your thoughts ahead of our game, brummie?

I would have strongly fancied us to go there and win, but we've had 2 poor results in our last 2 games which has taken a bit of momentum out. I think fitness could well come into it though, since we will have had 10 days off.

Everton will win. Aston Villa are knackered. And the partnership of Jagielka + Heitinga looks very good.

Guest kingdawson

I've always wanted to go to WHL, but I've found prices are akin to Chelsea's and nearer to the £50 mark, which I think it's daft considering you're not a 'big 4' team.

I paid between £43 -£65 the numerous times i've gone (2 occasions this season i was given a ticket).

I paid between £43 -£65 the numerous times i've gone (2 occasions this season i was given a ticket).

Ridiculous prices really. I'm all for clubs saving a small section of the ground that should be kept cheap (ish) and made available match by match in the same way Dortmund and other German clubs do.

I always thought the Nou Camp was one of those venues where you could still get hold of cheap tickets?

Cheapest are 30-something at the very top tier, which is miles off the pitch.

Messi is actually invisible from that height.

I always thought the Nou Camp was one of those venues where you could still get hold of cheap tickets?

Cheapest are 30-something at the very top tier, which is miles off the pitch.

When I was in Barcelona five years ago I paid €36 and ended up three rows from the very top. Wasn't meant to be going to a game when I was there but had time over that night so I'm fairly alright with it. 4-4 against Villarreal if I'm not mistaken and I think Ronaldinho got a hat trick (couldn't make out one player from another up there  ;D)

If I end up going back to live Barcelona this year, going to watch Barça will ruin me. I usually pay €50 for shitty north end tickets (I like being near the away fans, though, nice banter), and I bet on another price hike.

Have they managed to install any urinals yet for away fans? When I was there for our second CL game when Shola scored there were no pissers and one shitter for our entire support.