The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Thank fuck Rooney is so, so good.

Would love to see Lennon generate some opposition red cards at the World Cup. He has had a long rest, and some full backs will visibly shit themselves.

I'd far rather he generated some sort of consistent end product.

I don't agree with this unwritten rule of no red cards in a friendly. If it's a friendly, don't commit that kind of foul.

I'd like to have seen more of Adam Johnson. He is so composed.

I don't agree with this unwritten rule of no red cards in a friendly. If it's a friendly, don't commit that kind of foul.

I'd like to have seen more of Adam Johnson. He is so composed.

Did you ever see him fall over the ball playing for Boro in the FA cup?

That was a funny moment, i nearly wet myself. He's done well to come back from that tbh.

Missing Terry, Cole and Lampard. With this is mind tonight's performance was very encouraging.

2nd half only.King and Baines,as LLO says were terrible,and may have wrecked their chances along with Carrick who was also poor.

Guest kingdawson

Thank f*** Rooney is so, so good.

Would love to see Lennon generate some opposition red cards at the World Cup. He has had a long rest, and some full backs will visibly s*** themselves.

That old argument doesn't hold any weight now tbh. He's proved his delivery is top notch for the last 2 seasons (maybe you're getting him mistaken for Fake Lennon though).

Missing Terry, Cole and Lampard. With this is mind tonight's performance was very encouraging.

2nd half only.King and Baines,as LLO says were terrible,and may have wrecked their chances along with Carrick who was also poor.

They probably haven't wrecked their chances as there's a good chance he'll take at least 2 of the 3.

Guest kingdawson

king was not terrible 2nd half btw. Anyway think Fabio's taking him after playing 90 minutes tonight.

Would love to see Lennon generate some opposition red cards at the World Cup. He has had a long rest, and some full backs will visibly s*** themselves.

That old argument doesn't hold any weight now tbh. He's proved his delivery is top notch for the last 2 seasons (maybe you're getting him mistaken for Fake Lennon though).

If Lennon was playing every week this last season everyone would be spunking over him. Awesome winger.

I wouldn't give a monkeys if he never got a cross in if it meant we were consistently playing against 10 or 9 men!!

At international level he's still been nowhere near imo.

The whole "Fake Lennon" thing is funny because Walcott is pretty much the same player Lennon was at the same age.

king was not terrible 2nd half btw. Anyway think Fabio's taking him after playing 90 minutes tonight.

The only thing King has to do in Capello's eyes is last 90mins while passing fitness tests the next couple of days after.

Guest kingdawson

The whole "Fake Lennon" thing is funny because Walcott is pretty much the same player Lennon was at the same age.

I disagree. I think Lennon's been very good at International level when he's been given a chance and put in some excellent crosses.

Walcott is a glorified sprinter. I vomit when i see him have the audacity to put an England shirt on and actually play at Wembley. His game consists of running fast then picking wrong pass, running fast then picking wrong pass.

Guest kingdawson

The only thing King has to do in Capello's eyes is last 90mins while passing fitness tests the next couple of days after.

Agree.

I disagree. I think Lennon's been very good at International level when he's been given a chance and put in some excellent crosses.

Walcott is a glorified sprinter. I vomit when i see him have the audacity to put an England shirt on and actually play at Wembley. His game consists of running fast then picking wrong pass, running fast then picking wrong pass.

Like I said, a carbon copy of Lennon 2 years ago. :thup:

Guest Heneage

Walcott isn't ready to start, I'd consider dropping him to the U21'S, he's not ready for the first team.

Exactly, Lennon was as unproductive has Walcott was 2 years ago, and infact at a younger age Walcott had already proved more than Lennon (Croatia hattrick, running through half the Liverpool team). It's just that Lennon has ironed out all the bad habbits in his game and developed into a very good player where as Walcott has stagnated completely due to injury or other reasons.

For all his bad traits I can see why Capello has the patience to stick with Walcott. There's certainly more than just a speed merchant, hidden somewhere in him.