The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

on average,  as a percentage their currently 17th in the premiership (79.7%),  but as a number, their currently 6th behind the big 5 (39094) , so compared to the rest of the league its good.

but with newcastle's average being 40640 even with our current situation, i gues its more that were just used to 'big' crowds than sunderland's attendances are small....

Something which has always pissed me off, but when Gordon handled that backpass, should it not be a straight red-card as he's denying a clear goalscoring opportunity? Effectively, from a backpass he's then classed as an outfield player, so handling on the line to deny a goal should surely be a red-card?

Something which has always pissed me off, but when Gordon handled that backpass, should it not be a straight red-card as he's denying a clear goalscoring opportunity? Effectively, from a backpass he's then classed as an outfield player, so handling on the line to deny a goal should surely be a red-card?

Very good point that, never thought of it that way.

I mentioned that on another forum, but Graham Poll has said that you can't book or send off a goalkeeper for handling the ball from a backpass, no matter if it is a goalscoring oppurtunity or not

1801: Nice work from BBC 5 Live, who have ex-ref Graham Poll on the blower shortly after the final whistle. He confirms that Lee Mason was correct not to show Craig Gordon a card for handling a backpass. "There is a law that says a keeper can't be punished with a card for handling a back pass." So there you go.

1801: Nice work from BBC 5 Live, who have ex-ref Graham Poll on the blower shortly after the final whistle. He confirms that Lee Mason was correct not to show Craig Gordon a card for handling a backpass. "There is a law that says a keeper can't be punished with a card for handling a back pass." So there you go.

Obviously it's not in the laws of the game else he'd have been sent-off...but it's something that should be implemented imo.

That Clarke Carlisle is a really interesting bloke.

He was using words most players would struggle to spell. I'd like to see more of him on MOTD.