The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Rooney is easily world class, he should never be coupled with the likes of Aguero and Anelka.

He is closer to them (but better) than the likes of Drogba and Torres IMO.

True (although he arguably plays a slightly different role), I agree.  Just didn't want him grouped with wannabes like Aguero.  :aww:

Guest Heneage

Forlan out scores him. Is he striker or a forward?

He plays as the second striker for them. Forlan is the target he plays just behind running into the channels. I think he is a top striker, so far those who have disagreed are Pilko who I imagine has seen him maybe 2-3 times, and Towelie who has yet to actually explain why he is not a top striker.

He is a canny striker, I've never said that he isn't. However, he isn't the best in the world, and the reason for that is that there are plenty of strikers that are a lot better than him. Torres, Drogba and Villa are, for me, the three outstanding strikers in the world right now, probably with Drogba edging it. Then we've got a long list with the likes of Rooney, Adebayor, Van Persie, Ibrahimovic, Aguero, Eto'o, Anelka etc who are all terrific players, but isn't good enough to be called the worlds best. Then you've also got the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi, who both arguably are strikers and if they are, are way ahead of Aguero.

Anyone who names his top two strikers and chooses Aguero over Villa or Drogba needs their heads checked. Honestly, I wouldn't put it above you to have said him to show us just how much continental football you watch.

I consider Aguero better than Van Persie. I also don't consider Ronaldo and Messi to be strikers, I still see them as wingers. And as I've already said I think there are a group of top strikers, I don't think you can make a literal list or name out and out best striker.

I'm not even going to bother responding to Pilko.

Guest Heneage

They're all at better clubs....

The only one I debated was Villa obviously depending on your opinion of Valencia. But as you said they are all at better clubs. I will never be truly validated proved wrong till Aguero gets a move, right now it's all speculation.

I'm not even going to bother responding to Pilko.

Now there's a surprise. :lol:

Honestly mate, I don't actually know what you're trying to achieve with this argument, but if you've watched Aguero as much as you actually claim to have, then you must be ether blind or stupid to claim he's as good as Torres, and better than the likes of Villa, Drogba, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic, Rooney, van Persie etc.

No answer to that, is there?

Torres, Villa, Zlatan, Drogba, Eto'o

5 strikers who are comfortably better than Aguero.

4 of whom are at better clubs.

Doesn't make them any worse now, does it? Why do you keep arguing? Just admit that you made yourself look like a knob again when you claimed that Aguero is joint best striker in the world together with Torres.

As to not responding to Pilko, it's probably because he's bang on and just proves you wrong.

Guest Heneage

Torres, Villa, Zlatan, Drogba, Eto'o

5 strikers who are comfortably better than Aguero.

4 of whom are at better clubs.

Doesn't make them any worse now, does it? Why do you keep arguing? Just admit that you made yourself look like a knob again when you claimed that Aguero is joint best striker in the world together with Torres.

As to not responding to Pilko, it's probably because he's bang on and just proves you wrong.

Yep you are both right I am stupid.