The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Anyone see the Freddie Sears "goal" that got disallowed?

Harsh on Sears and Palace, but then you remember Neil Warnock is their manager, so it's all good.

What happened?

His shot went in but rebounded out off the poles that keep the net up.

ref didn't give it.

Anyone see the Freddie Sears "goal" that got disallowed?

Harsh on Sears and Palace, but then you remember Neil Warnock is their manager, so it's all good.

What happened?

His shot went in but rebounded out off the poles that keep the net up.

ref didn't give it.

Clive Thomas-tastic.

Guest Phil K

Never forgive Everton fans for mocking us more than they supported their own team on the last day last season

Absolutely despicable.

I'd love us to be able to do so unto them last game this season and see them go down.

Never forgive Everton fans for mocking us more than they supported their own team on the last day last season

Absolutely despicable.

I'd love us to be able to do so unto them last game this season and see them go down.

We played Villa though.

Absolutely despicable.

who did they play? where you there? i just don't seem to remember it.

Guest Phil K

Absolutely despicable.

who did they play? where you there? i just don't seem to remember it.

Last game of the season man - can't be that difficult to find ?

Went on the Everton forum after that and the sneering Everton fans made a bad situation worse. They also banned me from their site (what we don't do here) for daring to ask for a reason for what they did.

By all means ignore it, and pretend it didn't happen. I WON'T. The only fans I found on that dreadful day that had sympathy with Newcastle were Arsenal fans. They did the OPPOSITE of Everton fans

I repeat - pretend it didn't happen if you want. I was livid at the unnecessary-ness of it. I mean - what the f*ck had we done to them ?

I will always hate - yes, HATE - Everton for that pettiness.

Great to be home.

First time I'm having serious doubts about Moyes. He hasn't handled this Lescott saga well IMO. I couldn't give a fuck if he wants to go for the money, how the hell can you play him when he doesn't want to play for the club anymore? It's all well and good sounding big and hard by going "I make the decisions round here", etc etc; but it's getting us nowhere. Get rid ASAP (like we should have a couple weeks of ago) and invest the money.

How much of a part the whole story played in our defeat I doubt will ever be known. We were shocking, and the hardest thing to take is that in recent years we are very very rarely ever like that - defensively shambolic. As soon as they got the 2nd, even the 1st, our heads dropped and it was a foregone conclusion from there. Yes we still don't have our best 3 players fit but that's a side story - I'm just hoping this was a one off.

I can cling to blind hope by going back to 2004, as has perhaps been mentioned, where we finished 4th after getting tonked at home by Arsenal on the opening day, and in our next game went to a promoted side (Crystal Place; our next league game is at Burnley) and won 3-1. Hmm.

Guest pont-toon

We were absolutely f***ing shocking today.

We played like we did in the latter part of last season, absolutely terrible.

O'Neill is genuinely starting to lose the crowd.

do you think i should drop curtis davies from my fantasy premier league team ? (winks)

I'd drop him from Beachy Head given the chance.

He's fucking rubbish, as is our entire defence.

Even wor Habib?

He didnt have much to do, everything from them came down the other side.

The entire day was thoroughly, thoroughly horrible.