The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Heneage

Owen's ability to get into the positions then not score is quite impressive.

He's much like a Daddy Long Legs. A deadly posion but no teeth to administer it.

He's much like a Daddy Long Legs. A deadly posion but no teeth to administer it.

Is that not the wrong way around?

Is it just me, or do Man United not seem as intimidating without Ronaldo.

Definitely.  Who have they now got instead.. Nani?  Valencia?  None of them will even get 10 goals this season.

They haven't found that "5th gear" all season.  They've been plowing along, getting the results but playing very average.

I reckon Chelsea could beat them pretty heavily on Sunday.

Guest Heneage

No, he has the chances he just can't use them, it has the posion just it can't use it.

No, he has the chances he just can't use them, it has the posion just it can't use it.

Surely administering the poison is the aim = scoring the goal?

In which case the better analogy IMO would be that he still has the teeth but it doesn't hurt any more.

We're going a bit off topic here anyway. :laugh:

Guest Heneage

Very well defended there.

I'm sure Chris Waddle said Obertan was fast, when he was commentating againts Blackburn, he doesn't seem that fast.

That second goal for Marseille was a disgrace. How they can allow that at this level is baffling. The three Marseille players didn't touch the ball, but clearly they are more than interfering: offside.

Luckily don't think it would have changed anything concerning the outcome of the game.

That second goal for Marseille was a disgrace. How they can allow that at this level is baffling. The three Marseille players didn't touch the ball, but clearly they are more than interfering: offside.

Luckily don't think it would have changed anything concerning the outcome of the game.

Considering we end up winning by five goals, I don't think it will be a massive deal :lol:

Still, I do agree about the decision though.

Considering we end up winning by five goals, I don't think it will be a massive deal :lol:

No yeah, definitely. It's the fact this happened in supposedly the highest level of football that I find scary. These clowns might be calling stuff like this in the knockout stages next.

There's an easy contrast for a potential case study in the very same game even! See Marseille's first. Again, three players offside but goal was perfectly valid and this time correctly given.

No yeah, definitely. It's the fact this happened in supposedly the highest level of football that I find scary. These clowns might be calling stuff like this in the knockout stages next.

There's an easy contrast for a potential case study in the very same game even! See Marseille's first. Again, three players offside but goal was perfectly valid and this time correctly given.

Marseille and strange decisions.....  :bluestar: