The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Heneage

Only a fool would doubt Nixon's word on European football.

Benfica were beaten 2-0 by Braga at the weekend.

Amazing you can type Benfica into Google with such alacrity.

Everyone said 'Oh Benfica have been class this year x amount of goals x amount of home wins' yet no one had actually seen them or the teams they had played. I even said 'They've not actually played any of the bigger sides.' They come up against one in the form of Braga and they get beat 2-0.

Everyone said 'Oh Benfica have been class this year x amount of goals x amount of home wins' yet no one had actually seen them or the teams they had played. I even said 'They've not actually played any of the bigger sides.' They come up against one in the form of Braga and they get beat 2-0.

They were most likely exhausted from raping Everton.

So losing their first match of the season away to one of the best teams in the league makes everything else they've done this season irrelevant?

Guest Heneage

So losing their first match of the season away to one of the best teams in the league makes everything else they've done this season irrelevant?

No it puts their success in perspective. I said to you at the time they haven't played any of the top teams, they did and got soundly beaten. You are so quick to point out when I make a mistake, but when I look like getting something right it's a different story.

Benfica beat one of the league's worst sides by 8 goals thus why their goal difference is so brilliant. I'm willing to say now Benfica won't win the league.

If it's anything like Oba's against Spurs, than I must see this goal. Sounds like a thunder bolt of dynamite. My favorite types of goal.

:nods: an absolute rocket

Very similar, only instead of going left and with the left foot, going inside and on his right (weaker foot I think?)

Correct, he's left footed.

:blush:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If it's anything like Oba's against Spurs, than I must see this goal. Sounds like a thunder bolt of dynamite. My favorite types of goal.

Very similar, only instead of going left and with the left foot, going inside and on his right (weaker foot I think?)

Correct, he's left footed.

Looked similarly random with either foot, tbh.

His strongest foot is his left. He would play striker or left wing at Ajax, and has on occassion if memory serves played the odd game as a left winger for Liverpool. But as you say like most Dutch players, he is at a good level with both feet.

No amount of :lol: can do this justice.

Finally, I've seen it, and it's pretty fantastic. Lovely goal. Not as good as Martins v. Spurs though. Maybe it's because I watched that live, but I still haven't gotten over how quickly that ball was in the net. :lol: