The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Babel's goal was f***ing ludicrous. An absolute f***ing rocket. Thought they probably did enough to earn the win.

Just saw the highlight, reminds me of when Oba did the same against Spuds away few years back.  (Closer range, mind)

Babel's goal was fucking ludicrous. An absolute fucking rocket. Thought they probably did enough to earn the win.

I thought Lyon were absolutely wank. A half decent Liverpool would have smashed them.

Voronin is possibly the worst player I have ever seen play for Liverpool !

Voronin was hilarious. Some of his attempts at ball control looked like he was trying to tackle the football.

Babel's goal was f***ing ludicrous. An absolute f***ing rocket. Thought they probably did enough to earn the win.

Just saw the highlight, reminds me of when Oba did the same against Spuds away few years back.  (Closer range, mind)

If it's anything like Oba's against Spurs, than I must see this goal. Sounds like a thunder bolt of dynamite. My favorite types of goal.

Few thoughts about the CL:

Lyon were disappointing aye, but I didn't think it was domination like their fans ITV were trying to make out. Simply put, if Gerrard was there (and indeed played in recent games), they wouldnt be in this predicament.

What a group Barca's group is turning out to be. Crunch game at Camp Nou coming up.

Also, yes, I hate Sevilla. It's worth repeating.

If it's anything like Oba's against Spurs, than I must see this goal. Sounds like a thunder bolt of dynamite. My favorite types of goal.

:nods: an absolute rocket

Very similar, only instead of going left and with the left foot, going inside and on his right (weaker foot I think?)

Guest Heneage

Very similar, only instead of going left and with the left foot, going inside and on his right (weaker foot I think?)

Correct, he's left footed.

Looked similarly random with either foot, tbh.

Guest Heneage

Looked similarly random with either foot, tbh.

His strongest foot is his left. He would play striker or left wing at Ajax, and has on occassion if memory serves played the odd game as a left winger for Liverpool. But as you say like most Dutch players, he is at a good level with both feet.

Ok Minister, i've gave you my bank details, when am I getting the $8 million?

Bloody hell, man!

Sort it out, SSR. Every joke you've made tonight has been done before by someone else, only better.

Sort it out, SSR. Every joke you've made tonight has been done before by someone else, only better.

:coat:

internets suggest that ryan babel is right footed

It's not Wikipeediaar is it?

no. 2 interviews in which he said he has to work on his left foot. and thousands of results with liverpool fans moaning about his non-existant left foot.

Guest Heneage

no. 2 interviews in which he said he has to work on his left foot. and thousands of results with liverpool fans moaning about his non-existant left foot.

Very weird.  I know for a fact he played left wing at Ajax, and has at Liverpool on rare occassions.

Got any links for me? I know for a fact he played left wing at Ajax.

Messi plays as a right forward for Barcelona and he's left footed, vice versa Henry.  It's not unusual.

Guest Heneage

Got any links for me? I know for a fact he played left wing at Ajax.

Messi plays as a right forward for Barcelona and he's left footed, vice versa Henry.  It's not unusual.

Yeah I know, I just can remember him crossing it with his left at Ajax, he didn't cut inside like Messi and Henry do.

Weren't we linked with him at one point?