The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

No-one should keep Steven Ireland out of the team. Ireland is probably my favourite Prem player atm

:thup:

Bet he wouldn't get left on the bench if he was a big name. Always found with him he seems to be forgotten about by pundits and fans alike for no reason. One of the best midfielders in the league for me.

No-one should keep Steven Ireland out of the team. Ireland is probably my favourite Prem player atm

Don't be fooled, he got a few goals last season but he isn't a top 4 player.

Funny how a midfielder can score a few then becomes a great player, like Nolan a few years back.

Don't be fooled, he got a few goals last season but he isn't a top 4 player.

Funny how a midfielder can score a few then becomes a great player, like Nolan a few years back.

Or Lampard.

Nolan was a good player a few years back. He was a leader and a fighter in midfield for Bolton, and as you say he was quite prolific as well. He was the best player on a team that did well in Europe. Then, he discovered biscuits and alcohol. His career has yet to recover.

He was never their best player and they didn't do well in europe.

Ireland is very intelligent with the ball at his feet IMO. Last year he got a lot of great assists and I thought he was one of the best players when we drew 2-2 with City last year, even before he scored

Nolan was a good player a few years back. He was a leader and a fighter in midfield for Bolton, and as you say he was quite prolific as well. He was the best player on a team that did well in Europe. Then, he discovered biscuits and alcohol. His career has yet to recover.

He was never their best player and they didn't do well in europe.

Maybe I was exaggerating on the Europe part. I remember them losing to Marseille, but I'm not sure what round. Regardless, they were ateam that finished in the top half and fought for positions in Europe for a good few years. Nolan was lynchpin of these sides. I do not know how you can argue this.

Davies has always been more important.

Fair enough. Jasskalainen-Nolan-Davies=lynchpins. You can argue which of those three were the most important, but it is very difficult to include any others in the discussion. Have to say it was kind of depressing to see them evolve from a side that featured Okocha and Djorkaeff at the same time into the long ball masters of England.

Well, it gave them a few quite good years. Teams can only sign what they can, and it was a good way for them to get a few quality players on their squad without expensive transfer fees they couldn't probably afford. And despite some shaky times, they seem to me they have transitioned out of the Allardyce regime adequately (I was fearing for them to do a Charlton before Sammy Lee got sacked).

I'm not so sure, I think within 3-5 years they will be relegated again. This season they will survive, but only because you have other teams like Hull, Wolves, Burnley (who will drop points later on) being worse then them. If say 3 out of us, WBA, Boro, Cardiff come up then I think we may be able to get a stronger squad together then they can. However all thats is a long way off, and some Arab with £78,576,578,564,674,654 billion is probs signing the purchase forms as we speek.

I don't think Bolton is too high on the purchase lists of arab oilers, to be honest. West Ham, Blackburn, have more "name" and are buyable on the cheap, and even you lot would be very attractive if you came back up and Ashley doesn't go nuts with the asking price.