The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

The problem is now players have to dive to win a penalty or free kick, honesty gets you nothing. I remember watching a Championship game last season where the defender came ploughing into the striker completely missing the ball. The striker stayed on his feet and got the shot away but the ref didn't award a penalty.

Everyone dives. There is no advantage to not diving, so I don't see why any player wouldn't.

I don't mind players 'going down easily' because sometimes a player stays on his feet when fouled and gets nothing for it. What the likes of Gerrard and Rooney have done lately is simply cheat. Huge difference.

Everyone dives. There is no advantage to not diving, so I don't see why any player wouldn't.

Them things they call yellow & red cards ?

Well obviously you'd be more careful if you've already gotten a yellow card, just like you'd be more wary to slide in on an attacker. I mean generally though, if you haven't been booked and there is a hint of contact in a dangerous area then you really ought to alert the referee of this by falling.

I guess we should "hate the game" really... FIFA/UEFA are effectively condoning cheating by not systematically dishing out bans.

Guest firetotheworks

The other 50 or so english strikers wanting to go.

Do you really have to be quite such a persistent bell end?

Forget it.

Agbonlahor has to go to the world cup.

Agreed

Crouch, Defoe, Rooney, Bent, Agbonlahor.

Even if he is a vile man!

capello prefers a big man beside rooney, so remove bent and replace with heskey/carlton cole and thats the probable striker list