The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Christ ITV's football coverage is shit.

There's no way this game will finish only one-nil!

And the way they talked up Owen as he was about to come on like he was the second coming  :doh:

Guest firetotheworks

Here Pilko that was a mint match wasn't it? Eh? Pilko? Did you enjoy that match Pilko? I really enjoyed that match me, Pilko. Did you like it? Eh? Eh? EH!?

Man United weren't up for that in the first half one bit. Bar that clearance off the line and two late goal-line scrambles in the second half, Ankergran was largely untested. Leeds wanted it more, Man U thought they'd already won it.

I bet the analysis is "plucky Leeds shock Man Utd, smash and grab."

A shock yes, but they were unlucky not to score more themselves. Get in there, Leeds.

They played well. Rode their luck as you'd expect but Man Utd were sloppy as fuck in general. Leeds deserved to win IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

I bet the analysis is "plucky Leeds shock Man Utd, smash and grab."

A shock yes, but they were unlucky not to score more themselves. Get in there, Leeds.

They played well. Rode their luck as you'd expect but Man Utd were sloppy as f*** in general. Leeds deserved to win IMO.

Without a shadow.

Knee-jerk stuff here, but does anyone else think Man Utd have lost the 'aura' around them? When you go to Old Trafford, you think, "shite, gonna get beat", but it doesn't feel like that anymore. Granted, still a very good side, but I can't remember a Man Utd side losing 5 league games by the turn of the year.

Think Rooney was the only Man U player who actually gave a fuck.

He wasn't faultless himself though, not by any means - caught in posession a number of times.

He's getting really greedy/over-ambitious too if you ask me. I know he's fabulously talented and scoring at present but some of the efforts he went for today were ludicrous. That one right at the end was bonkers.

Knee-jerk stuff here, but does anyone else think Man Utd have lost the 'aura' around them? When you go to Old Trafford, you think, "shite, gonna get beat", but it doesn't feel like that anymore. Granted, still a very good side, but I can't remember a Man Utd side losing 5 league games by the turn of the year.

no one fears them as much anymore, have a go at them and you'll get something (unless your name is mick mccarthy)

I like Rooney - to me he is a perfect example of an English footballer. When I used to play we were always told "You lose the ball, you get it back" and "you get a knock you get back up" and similar things and Rooney is a great example of it. He is passionate about his game no matter who he plays for and is obviously a quality player. If Manchester's players understood this rivalry and had as much passion as Rooney they could've won this fixture.

He wasn't faultless himself though, not by any means - caught in posession a number of times.

He's getting really greedy/over-ambitious too if you ask me. I know he's fabulously talented and scoring at present but some of the efforts he went for today were ludicrous. That one right at the end was bonkers.

Oh, aye, he tries a load of stuff that doesn't come off. Was as wasteful as anyone else, but genuinely seemed to want to win and went all out for it.

Guest firetotheworks

I could watch that Owen miss all day tbh. The only thing that would make it better would be if as he mis-hit it he inadvertently stood on a land mine.

I like Rooney - to me he is a perfect example of an English footballer. When I used to play we were always told "You lose the ball, you get it back" and "you get a knock you get back up" and similar things and Rooney is a great example of it. He is passionate about his game no matter who he plays for and is obviously a quality player. If Manchester's players understood this rivalry and had as much passion as Rooney they could've won this fixture.

Good post, completely agree.  Rooney is probably one of my favourite players because of that reason.

i think thats frustration he isnt just manures best striker hes they're only real striker full stop and the rest arent as good as him