The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Heneage

What a utter disgrace of a game, these are two PL teams ffs

Rather watch a ladies division 3 game in Finland than this s***.

:lol:

We know you're just being silly dj, if you'll watch Serie A you'll watch anything.

Serie A has more technique than the Premier League, and I don't just mean the top four, I mean in terms of the entire division.

Who on earth does Jamie Carragher think he is?  Constantly commits the most blatant fouls yet keeps waving his hands and complaining.  Prick.  He's shit as well.

According to Overlord Gray, you can count the mistakes he's made in his career on 2 hands.

We know you're just being silly dj, if you'll watch Serie A you'll watch anything.

Serie A has more technique than the Premier League, and I don't just mean the top four, I mean in terms of the entire division.

And La Liga has more technique than both.

Shame the Italians can't even be bothered to watch it.

Guest Heneage

There are numerous reasons for why crowds are low. Bigger numbers doesn't equate to a better league.

And Tooj I was unaware Spain was being included in the debate?

There are numerous reasons for why crowds are low. Bigger numbers doesn't equate to a better league.

Cool your jets man. Touch subject by any chance?

Don't even bother Kez, this crowd is too tuff for the two of us to handle  :lol:

It's a shit league, technical or not. I'd say it was more tactical than technical anyway, and why it bores most half to death.

What are they? Serious question btw, I've got no idea. I was under the impression it was dirt cheap in Italy too.

Guest Heneage

What are they? Serious question btw, I've got no idea. I was under the impression it was dirt cheap in Italy too.

The biggest problem Imo, is the rise of Fan violence and Ultra's. Because they don't limit their stupidity to outside the ground like say English hooligans it puts people off, you wouldn't take your child to a game to get potentially hurt by some idiot Lazio Ultras when you can just catch the highlights on TV, saving money in the process. I mean to be honest, Inter and Milan still get average attendances just below the 60k mark, so to say no one watches is wrong, Juve get 22,000 but their ground actually only holds 25 which isnt' so bad. Napolo get around 40, Roma 35, so that's just it . I mean I think a lot of the time you look at say Stoke their attendances were half what they are now in CCC so that's a huge spate of what we would call band wagon jumpers, that traditionally doesn't happen in Italy, you pick your team and you stay with them.

Tickets aren't as cheap as you'd expect, and the whole Calciopoly scandal soured it for a lot of people , it's almost like why go to a game where there's potential that one team wins before a balls been kicked, which is a bad attitude really but understandable. Plus the whole TV coverage has become really over saturated, so like I said with crowd violence issue, why travel hundreds of miles to watch a game you can see on TV, a few on here (self included) have sacked games off because of TV coverage.

But the reason attendances have been down for some reason is because, you've had teams with much smaller fanbases in the top flight, like Boro in the top flight, Chievo, Empoli and Siena are all prime examples of such clubs, who rarely go over 10k .

I think Mason got that spot on, Lucas took a dive.

Same here. Similar situation to the other day when someone in the Villa/Blackburn game dove beofre he got touched. Had either of them stayed up they would've have a penalty.

That goal pretty much personifies what this game has been all about.